Or go to our Shopify Theme Detector directly
How to Delete Tags on Shopify?
Last modified: December 2, 2021
Let’s start by first explaining what a tag is for those of you who may not know. A tag is basically a keyword that is associated with your product which allows users to find products associated with that keyword. Tags will help customers find products when they do a search in your store’s site and you can also use tags to make automated collections. That being said, I hope everyone reading this is enjoying using their Shopify online retail site. Let’s keep going to find out how once you have created a tag you can delete it if it is no longer relevant or you would like to change it.
How Can I Remove a Product Tag?
If you want to remove a tag that you have already added to a product just follow these steps.
- Go in to your Shopify admin and click Products
- Then select the name of the product
- In the Organization section click on the ‘x’ next to the name of the tag that you want to remove
- Once you are finished click Save
How Can I Add a Product Tag?
I know we wrote that this article was about removing tags but it is important to know how to add tags so you can replace the ones that you remove.
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Log in to your Shopify admin and click on Products
- Choose the product you want to add a tag to
- In the Organization section select or enter the tags for that particular comment and add a coma between each of them
- Click Save
Is There a Way to Add/Remove Several Tags at Once?
You bet there is! Below are the instructions for adding and/or removing tags in bulk.
Once you are in your Shopify admin click on Products
Choose the products you want to remove a tag or add a tag from. There are 3 ways to select the products: one at a time (check off the boxes), select a range (click an item and hold the Shift then select another), select all items on a page (click the master checkbox)
- Now click the Bulk Action button
- Select Add Tags or Remove Tags
- Add the tags or remove the tags to suit your needs
- Click Apply Changes
So if you didn’t have very much (or any) product tags before go start tagging some products and for those of you that need to remove or change them we hope you continue to grow your online shop with much success.