How To Send Newsletters From Shopify
Last modified: April 11, 2020
Newsletters, or email marketing, is one of the easiest and the most productive ways to keep in contact with customers. Research has shown for every $1 you invest, you’re likely to generate $38 of revenue (on average).
There are lots of potential items that can go out on a newsletter. You might send, for instance, brand news, sales, new products and abandoned cart campaigns. Customers are also more accepting of email marketing as laws across the world, including GDPR mean that email marketing should be permissible (i.e. the customer has given you permission to them marketing content).
To make a successful newsletter process on Shopify, you will need two things:
- A third party email app.
- An email marketing list.
To Collect An Email Marketing List
There are several ways that you can collect email lists from your Shopify store. If you’ve previously asked permission of customers before, you can use customer emails as a starting point. In addition, you can add sign-up forms to your website in several places to encourage people to subscribe.
You can also use pop-ups on your website to capture email addresses from users who are visiting your store.
Finally, you can add applications like a Wheel of Fortune found on certain apps like Vitals that allows you to collect email addresses.
How To Send Your Newsletters
There are numerous apps available that can help you with sending newsletters. Many of them require you to have membership with different third party apps.
These apps will make the process of sending your content much quicker for several reasons.
- They sync your Shopify store with your email marketing software provider. Allowing you to import all the contact data you need. This saves a lot of manual entering of data.
- They will include design elements to make building your email and the signup elements much easier.
- You can pull products directly from your store into the email, limiting the data entry you need to do when creating email campaigns.
- Provides you with analysis of campaigns to see what is going better.
- They minimize the manual work needed for your site.
However, each app is different and you will need to learn how your specific email marketing app and third party software provider works.
If You’re New To Email Marketing
Before you send off your first newsletter, be sure to follow these simple rules for your content. Your email should:
- Be less than 300 words, preferably much shorter.
- Include your logo, brand name and social media links.
- Have a Call-to-action for people to buy the product or take further action.
- Include an unsubscribe option.
- Have an image/video (for better conversions).
You should also try to send content at least once a week, if possible. Try not to send content once a day.
Be sure to follow the instructions and advice above. Email marketing is one of the best ways to grow your business and win over customers.