How To Add Apple Pay To Shopify
Last modified: July 1, 2020
There are many different payment solutions available on Shopify. Shopify Payments is the default option, and it offers a good transaction cost, especially if you’re on Shopify Plus. There are also options within Shopify Payments on what form of payment your customers can use to complete transactions on the checkout.
If you want to give customers a choice beyond credit and debit cards; Apple Pay is definitely an option. It allows those using an Apple device to also pay for goods quicker, which reduces cart abandonment on your store.
* This button will show the rest of the post and open up an offer from Shopify
Why Use Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is one of the best options for Shopify store owners who want to use Shopify Payments but also want to give customers a choice in how they pay for orders. And there are five main reasons for this.
- It is easy to use for both the merchants and the buyers.
- It is very secure, so customers can be assured that their financial data won’t be stolen by criminals.
- There are anti-fraud components that help protect customers and sellers the same.
- Apple Pay is being adopted throughout the world by banks and other financial institutions.
- There are lots of integrations available for Apple Pay that allow it to be installed on many platforms, including Shopify.
In addition, Shopify Payments allows payments through Apple Pay. You just need to activate it on your account.
How To Add Apple Pay To Your Shopify Store
There aren’t many steps required to use Apple Pay on your Shopify store. Here are the steps for that.
Step 1 – Check You Meet Requirements
There are several requirements needed for you to accept Apple Pay on your store. The first is to be already accepting credit card payments through one of these providers:
- Shopify Payments
- First Data Payeezy
You must also have an active SSL certification on your store’s domain. And you must know, and follow, Apple’s Acceptable Use Guidelines.
Step 2 – Login To Your Shopify Store
Using your credentials, login to your Shopify dashboard.
Step 3 – Payments
From your dashboard go to the ‘Settings’ option and ‘Payment Providers’. In the section for the credit card payment provider click on the button that reads ‘Manage’.
Step 4 – Apple Pay
In the ‘Accelerated Checkouts’ option, select Apple Pay. Then you can click on ‘Save’ and customers will be able to use Apply Pay to checkout on your store.
What Devices Does Apple Pay Support?
For Apple Pay to work, your customers must be using Safari on iOS 12.1 or MacOS 10.14.1 and this must be on of the following devices:
- Apple Watch
- MacBook Pro
- Any Mac model.