Top 10 Shopify Calendar Apps
Last modified: July 19, 2020
Calendars on your website might be an important part of your online presence. They could show when events at your business are taking place, what availability there is for equipment/staff/rooms for hire and you could use one to plan for deliveries. There are numerous ways to display a calendar on your store, but one of the top options is to install one of the top Shopify calendar apps.
What Can Shopify Calendar Apps Do?
Shopify calendar apps are able to make your store a lot more interactive and informative. Customers can see at a glance at availability, deliverability and more information. They can also help prevent confusion. If customers can see on a calendar when you’re open, they won’t be disappointed when they visit your physical store.
Likewise, calendars can be used to build up anticipation for events or sales. And you can mark historical information on your website. For instance, when you sold to your 1000th customer or when you delivered a new product to your customers. A calendar can be made into a way to promote all things: past and future.
With these possibilities in mind, here are 10 of the best Shopify calendar apps available for you right now.
Filter between free and paid
Order Delivery Date
This app helps customers to schedule the delivery of orders, whether it is because of work commitments or because it is a gift using a calendar on the product page. This gives more functionality, trust and increases the chances of conversion with guests to make your site more appropriate.
The app also gives you and your team more benefits. You can plan for delivery rush times and group package delivery dates for better, more profitable business operations. It also helps with customer retention as they have an improved experience.
With the calendar feature, customers can also choose when they want to pick up items from your store. Allowing you to have a wider way of getting online orders to customers while having realistic operations. For instance, you can ensure that delivery times aren’t too short notice by having lead times.
Order Delivery Date Highlights:
- Limit the number of orders you can receive at any given time slot.
- Allow the customer to select the time and date of the delivery/pickup on the cart page.
- Can charge different shipping prices for different dates.
- Simple calendar to help customers visualize when they’re getting their delivery.
This is an easy-to-use and very versatile app that makes bookings easy for your customers with the use of a calendar to help visitors to the website. Customers can reserve products, equipment, rooms and more from either a desktop or mobile even when you’re not physically open or working. Therefore, you don’t miss potential sales.
You can also have the availability of products/rooms/staff viewable in real-time. So, if someone is browsing your website and a timeslot is taken, then that option is gone for the browser immediately. This prevents customers getting annoyed when they find out their preferred time is now gone halfway through the checkout. It also prevents double-bookings.
You have complete control over the schedule for your business. You’re able to set opening hours, how long bookings can last for and you can restrict the days bookable to just those open. You can also set ‘lead times’ to prevent customers from booking something immediately and then not being able to use it and preventing a customer from walking in to use the facilities.
Customers who make bookings in advance can have reminders sent to them via email or SMS. And once the booking has been completed, you can send a follow-up email for feedback. This is a great way to gain social proof and reviews from your customers on auto-pilot.
There is a powerful administration section to help you manage bookings. This includes the ability to see what bookings have been made for the day, week and month. This can help you plan your staffing and supply needs more carefully.
- Compatible with all Shopify themes including grid-style and some of the most colorful themes on the store.
- Customers can complete a booking whenever they want through your website whether you’re open or not.
- You can manage your business’ bookings from inside your Shopify admin pages.
- Admins can place booking restrictions to ensure they’re profitable and suitable.
Booking App by Webkul
This versatile app is suitable for any business that has rental products/time. It can be great for those who want to sell training spots, equipment or even restaurant tables. You can rent out holiday homes or private rooms online without having to speak to your customers. The system works very easily. You can create products and then book in customers online yourself or tell customers to use the self booking system that has that calendar feel and look to it. The customer could even book several items at the same time.
Each product on your website can have the ‘add booking’ feature on the page that includes a basic calendar option on there. Therefore, customers can have access to an easy to use system on your website. And with the mobile-friendly look, customers can even make the bookings when on the go through their phone, like on their way to work or on the way back.
From your administration panel, you can approve, reschedule or cancel any reservation made via your website. You can also send customer reminders, notifications and more from the administration pages in the backend of your Shopify store.
And to help you take payment, the app is completely compatible with the Shopify POS system. Therefore, there is little else you need for your rental/booking side of the business.
Booking App by Webkul Highlights:
- You can approve, amend or cancel booking from customers through your Shopify website admin panel.
- Use your Shopify POS system in conjunction with this app to take payments from bookings.
- Users can make their own bookings on your website with the ‘Add booking’ feature.
- A handy calendar system allows customers to see the dates that are available and what times.
Tipo Appointment Booking
This powerful, yet free, tool allows you to create a smooth booking experience on your store with quick and painless steps, fast loading and an aesthetically pleasing design. The app is suitable for numerous niches. This includes educational settings, doctor surgeries, professional services and more. The customer will find the appointment booking aspect very easy to use.
The app allows for synchronization between your website and the Google Calendar or Apple Calendar. This means customers can visually see available dates and they will never miss their appointment once they’ve made a booking. And you can track all appointments with detailed information such as the status, date/time, customer, employee and location. There are numerous filtering options you can use to get more access to the information you need.
Plus with all the analytic tools available, you can discover new trends and information that can help all marketing campaigns including email, SMS and push notifications.
The app allows for customizable designs. Therefore, your booking system can blend right into your current theme. At the same time, you can change the app’s font and background image.
Tipo Appointment Booking Highlights:
- A free, yet powerful, booking app that you can use within numerous niches.
- Change many aspects of the app’s display including the color, font, background image and more of your website.
- Great suite of analytical tools so you can understand more about your customers and their behaviors.
- Synchronization with Google Calendar and Apple Calendar.
CT (Countdown Timer Bar)
Create a sense of urgency and FOMO with you customers by having an offer on a countdown timer. This app does exactly that and this has been proven to drive sales on your website. Your website can have the time tick down to zero to help convert visitors to your store. You can advertise anything from a sale to new releases and with a bunch of other parts to this app, there is certainly the scope to grow your business.
The app comes with a lot of great features such as a call-to-action button functionality that can increase efficiency of the campaign and a calendar to schedule in events and when offerings are going to be available.
In addition, you can set as many countdown timers that you need and display each one on specific pages to make them as relevant as possible. And all countdown timers display perfectly on mobile and desktops perfectly, so customers can shop with confidence on your store. Setting up these responsive countdown timers can be done in minutes and can be scheduled for a future release if necessary.
CT (Countdown Timer Bar) Highlights:
- Create urgency on your store, making your customers make more impulsive buying decisions.
- Works on both mobiles and desktops, so your customers can use your website what ever device they’re using.
- Use a call to action button inside the countdown timer to ensure customers know what the next step to take is.
- Use the calendar to schedule countdown timers so you can set and forget to carry on with other vital business tasks.
Events Calendar allows you to add an aesthetically pleasing calendar to your website with one click that can promote all your upcoming events. You can add events to the calendar to include images, links, ‘save event’ buttons and more. And if you use anything like Google, Outlook or Eventbrite, you can connect those external calendars and display all the events on your site with ease.
You can display events in monthly, weekly or agenda view while at the same time customizing the fonts, colors, and the layout design to best match your branding and current website design. You can also display all text in up to 30 languages.
There is a free version of this software. This allows you to display up to five events for free on your site. Any more than that and you would need to have one of the premium options.
Events Calendar Highlights:
- Can display up to five events for free on your website.
- Link with numerous external calendars to display events on your website.
- Manually add events to your store with text, images and buttons to attract audiences.
- Can display information about events in up to 30 languages and more can be added if you contact the developers.
Event Calendar App
This app is perfect for any business whether they host in-person or online events. The developers have build an easy-to-use and attractive dashboard that allows you to build an Event Calendar that is perfect for your website. The calendar can seamlessly fit inside your current theme and with the customizations available (like color schemes, fonts, etc.) you can have a calendar that matches your brand.
The app allows customers to subscribe to your event, allowing to you post updates that they’ll automatically get. Great for when you secure a big name speaker or sponsor for your event and would like to boast about it. In addition, you can use the app to sell tickets to your events. A great way to increase sales and get some indication about how many people are going to show up.
The app is fully responsive and so will display perfectly on any device.
Event Calendar App Highlights:
- Connect with Outlook, Google or Apple Calendars to get your events immediately on your website.
- Can be adjusted so the calendar matches your website’s design and branding.
- Can have a calendar that dominates a page or sits quietly in the sidebar.
- Customers can subscribe to your events or buy/reserve tickets through your website and the calendar.
Elfsight Event Calendar
This app allows you to share your activities with visitors to your website in an aesthetically pleasing calendar. It offers plenty of options for blending the design of the calendar into your current theme’s design and you can add multiple events with their own tags, pictures and videos. And you can notify your customers about the schedule with regular updates.
It takes just a few clicks to update your calendar with a new event. There are templates for each type of event you might want to use. Or you can create your own variant. Management of your events is fairly easy using the configurator. You can add locations, hosts, messages and more for your events and really impress visitors to your site.
To ensure that users or your website isn’t overwhelmed with information, you hide specific information of your events from visitors. This will only display in the popup. You and customers can then share any event on the calendars to any commonly used apps including Google Calendar, Apple Calendar and Outlook
Elfsight Event Calendar Highlights:
- Hide information that might otherwise overburden your website.
- Easy to configure an event to showup on the calendar, use templates or create your own look.
- Customize the calendar to match your current website’s design.
- Can integrate with common third part apps including Google Calendar and more.
Customers love choice and this app offers the ultimate experience by combining the delivery-date picker with a shipping rate selection. It is easy, fun and quick to use and allows customers to choose between a speedier delivery or a less costly option.
The app can be automatically installed and integrates with all major shippers. It can then collect all the current shipping rates to populate the calendar in the purchasing process. The look of the calendar can be customized to match your current store’s style.
Calendar Rate Highlights:
- Allows customers to choose between price and speed of delivery.
- Calendar can match the look of your current website.
- Automatically installed and integrated into your website.
- Can integrate with all major shippers.
This app allows you to display your events that are hosted on Eventbrite and sell tickets to them through your Shopify store. By not having to book tickets through a third party website, and by staying on your own, you’re building trust and improving conversion rates. The app comes with a proxy page that will work with most themes right out of the box. And if there are any compatibility issues, the developers are willing to help get those fixed for.
You can add as many events as you would like to your store. You only pay Eventbrite when you sell a ticket and if you’ve got free tickets, they’re free to sell.
The app and the calendar are fully customizable and you can offer unique features such as seat selection, group registration and more. You can also promote your event on Facebook with just a few simple clicks.
- Connect your Eventbrite calendar to your website and sell tickets through your store.
- Promote your event on Facebook with ease.
- Complete customization so the look of the calendar matches your store.
- Lots of features to help you build a strong presence online.
Final Word: Top 10 Shopify Calendar Apps
Whether it is for booking reservations or event tickets or just advertising sales/events for your business, using one of the Shopify Calendar apps can be a great choice to help you get the word out. There are numerous options available, but they all have different purposes. So what is your need and which of the apps above will you use?