Top 10 Shopify Instant Search Apps
Last modified: October 8, 2020
Customers want to find the products that they want quickly. If they don’t they might abandon your store and therefore you’ve lost a sale. There are lots of search apps available on the Shopify app store. However, for instant results, then you will need to use one of the Shopify instant search apps.
What Do Shopify Instant Search Apps Offer That is Different From Others?
Some search apps require that the customer presses enter on the search bar and a search results come up. This is like how search engines work. However, this can take time and lengthens the process for the customer. That is why you might want to consider one of the many Shopify instant search apps.
Shopify instant search apps allow you to showcase results without the website loading a new page. Results can be predicted as the customer is typing away. And some instant search apps can also predict when there is a typo within the text that the customer has added.
Here are the top Shopify instant search apps that are available.
Filter between free and paid
Smart Search & Instant Search
Used by some of the largest brands in the world, including Phillips, Durex, Boeing and National Geographic. The app is capable of handling searches in several languages, and can support many languages, including Japanese, Chinese, Arabic and Greek. You can have an unlimited number of searches per month on your store and the results can help save customers time and improve conversion rates.
The app also has a filter and personalization. The app also has a cross selling and upselling tool. This can help you improve average order values that help to keep profits high. To help improve your site’s performance, you can see analytics from the users on your website. The search usage on your site might also be able to help you perform better on SEO by seeing what search terms are being used by customers. And it can also help with product descriptions.
This app is very responsive, so your site’s search facility can be accessible across all devices. You can also benefit from a 14-day trial period that requires no payment details.
Smart Search & Instant Search Highlights:
• This is a very responsive app that comes with a trial that lasts for 14 days.
• You can have upsell and cross selling functionality, this can help improve revenues.
• See what users are searching for with analytics. This can help improve your store.
• Filters and other tools can help improve your visitors’ experiences.
Product Filter & Search
This app is a very trusted Shopify search app and used by numerous brands across the world. This app will help improve trust with your brand, that can be used to increase conversions. The app has lots of filtering and search functions that help customers find exactly what they need. Some of the filter settings allow products to be hidden by their color, size, tag or more. The app is very clever, it will group certain traits together when there is close resemblance. For instance, dark and light red can be grouped together.
The search features for this app are some of the best. You can have auto-suggestions enabled. This uses the input of the customer to predict what product the customer is searching for. This can be very accurate and saves the website visitor time. And the app can perform spellchecks on what has been typed as well.
With these features, instant search is a must. Therefore, the customer can find the product they want, without having to leave the screen they’re on. The app is also fast, a site with 100,000 products in the catalog can produce search results within 200ms. Customers won’t abandon your store with website search speeds like that.
Product Filter & Search Highlights:
- Is able to perform search tasks on website with more than a million products.
- The app works across devices and browsers.
- Search results can be delivered in less than 200 ms when you have 100,000 products within your store.
- Lots of product filtering options, helping customers find the products they need faster and more conveniently.
Smart Product Filter & Search
This app has lots of product filter and search features that help your customers find their way around your store. You can filter products based on variant, size, color, price, collection, vendor, brand, discount and more. You can combine certain variants (like colors) into one. This makes it easier for the customer to understand and ensures that nothing is lost due to a simple error.
But this app really makes it mark with the search solutions. The search bar immediately starts to make suggestions and complete an instant search as the first letters are typed in. And if the customer is making a typo, then the app can auto-correct it for the customer, so they don’t miss out on the product they’re looking for. All searches can also have filters added to them, making this a great little app.
Smart Product Filter & Search Highlights:
- Improves the Shopify search bar functionality of your website making it a better tool for customers.
- Can autocorrect typos and spelling mistakes that your customers might make.
- Numerous filtering options that allow you to refine product searches.
- Can group similar product variants together to create a better search and filter experience for your customers.
Instant Search & Smart Filters
This app allows you to make products on your site easy to find. You can improve conversions by accurately displaying the correct results to a visitor’s query. And the app offers a filtering system to help customers refine search results better for a quicker session.
The app allows users to see possible answers to a query as soon as they start typing in the search box. This instant search can help customers find what they’re looking for fast. And there is an autocorrect function built into the app to help customers when they’ve made a typo.
The app’s search functionality is very versatile. For instance, you can have customers use descriptions, SKUs, variants, tags and product titles within the search box and the products can be found with ease. All products on the collection and shop pages can be filtered too.
Instant Search & Smart Filters Highlights:
- Can automatically offer possible solutions before visitor has finished typing question.
- Can auto-correct typos within the search box.
- Checks the query from the visitor against numerous elements of the product.
- Can filter products on the collection and shop pages.
Live Search & Smart Search
Search and filtering are both similar activities, which is why you will often find that both functions are included within the same app. And this is the same with this app. The search box has all the usual features for your website, including auto-suggest and autocorrect. Therefore, results can be quick and accurate for the shopper.
This app is very easy to install and setup takes just minutes for your store. Even if you don’t have any coding skills or a qualified developer on your team, you’ll be able to install, setup and use this app on your store.
The app has great analytical tools. You can see the monthly search results, which can help you perform better on SEO and on-site. So you can increase traffic and improve your branding.
Live Search & Smart Search Highlights:
- Smart filtering allows you to give your customers a better experience on your website.
- See the behavior of your visitors to make better business decisions.
- Live search functions allow customers to find what they’re looking for quickly.
- An easy-to-install app that you can install with no help and no coding knowledge.
Instant Search & Filter
This is another one of the Shopify instant search apps that is very easy to install and can be active on your site within minutes with no coding knowledge. The search functionality on your website will be greatly increased and this will help you give your customers a better experience on your store.
The search results will be accurate and you can customize the filter functionality so it is better suited for your brand’s website and product list.
The search functionality has an autosuggest and autocorrect, like most of the apps on this list. Therefore, results can be accurate and customers won’t abandon your store because they can’t find what they’re looking for.
The app also offers you analysis of user behaviors on your store. This can help plan future email marketing campaigns as well as ways that you can improve product data. For instance, if customers are searching for a candy bar but you’re calling it a chocolate bar, you can make a change to the name of the product so it is better represented in customer searches.
Instant Search & Filter Highlights:
- One-click install, that allows for quick improvement on the search functionality on your website.
- Adds advanced functionality on your website.
- Create lots of product filtering options for your store with ease.
- Get all the support you need for the app through the app development team, should you need it.
Omega Instant Search
This app allows you to optimize the search functionality on your website by having search results delivered in the fastest possible time. You can therefore improve the experiences of customers on your website that this will drive more conversions and improve profitability of all activities across your website.
The app allows for a search as you type drop down menu when customers start typing in a search criteria. This can help customers find what they’re looking for faster and with more effectiveness. The app also has a spell correction feature for searches. Therefore, you won’t have spelling mistakes returning no results on searches. And this stops customers abandoning your site as well.
Your site can have the perfect filter to accompany results. You can customize your filters so they’re more aligned to your store and the products that you sell.
The app development team also offer you a 30 day free trial to help you decide about the app before you commit to a subscription.
Omega Instant Search Highlights:
- Instant searches, allowing for quick results for your customers that allow you to retain more customers.
- Customize product filtering on your store, so only relevant filters can be added.
- A 30-day free trial for your store, allowing you to see what the app can do for your store.
- Auto-complete and auto-correct functionality on your website implemented with ease.
Olio Instant Search
This instant search app allows you to easily add a search functionality on your website that allows you to return instant results to your customers. You can customize the behavior, style and appearance of the instant search suggestions. Searches can be completed against categories, tags, vendors and more within the results. The search results page is responsive, therefore it can be used on any device, whether it is desktop or mobile.
The app allows you to understand consumer behavior on your website. You can see what customers are typing in and selecting. This can help you readjust product descriptions and titles for better results. You might also be able to use this for better email marketing and social media campaigns.
You’ll also be able to see what searches aren’t yielding any positive results for your brand. These can be really important factors as a bad result on your site is lost sales.
Olio Instant Search Highlights:
- Consumer behaviors can be analyzed for better marketing and website design.
- Instant results can be delivered to your customers.
- Autocorrect and auto-suggest enabled on your website.
- Searches can be completed against categories, tags and more.
Instant search bar
Research by this app development team has found that customers who complete a search on your store are more likely to convert than those that don’t. However, some will not because they make fundamental mistakes in the search process. This could be a typo, they don’t know what the item is called or the search feature is too slow and cumbersome. This app aims to reduce all of these problems quickly and for a cost effective price.
The app offers fast return of search results, regardless of the device, and can help make suggestions when typos have been made. The app can also showcase the top search queries as soon as the customer clicks on the search bar. This can save time and helps customers who aren’t sure of the name of the product they’re looking for.
Instant search bar Highlights:
- Has predicative text, so customers don’t even need to complete the search query to find what they’re looking for.
- Helps customers find products when they don’t know the name by listing popular searches as they click on the search bar.
- Autocorrects the search results so the best results are shown.
- Is mobile-friendly.
INSTANT SEARCH & AUTOCOMPLETE
This app allows you to revolutionize the search experience on your store. It is very fast, giving search results as the customer types within the search box. And the smart algorithm allows for highly accurate results that can be against numerous elements within the products’ data.
The app allows for suggestions, autocompletes and autocorrect. Therefore, results can be accurate and customers can spend the least time possible finding the product that they really want from your store. The app uses semantic search technology, which is the same system that Google uses. This allows for several words to be associated together, like cat and feline, and connect them with the same set of products. This improves the results of your searches.
The app works in more than 40 different languages, so is great for those who operate a worldwide store. And the app is fully responsive, allowing customers to use any device and still get the best search results on their desktop or mobile phone.
INSTANT SEARCH & AUTOCOMPLETE Highlights:
- Works within 40 different languages.
- Uses semantic search technology.
- Has autocomplete and autocorrect functionality.
- Works across devices and browsers.
Final Word: Top 10 Shopify Instant Search Apps
When it comes to converting visitors, you’ve got to allow customers to find the products they want first. That is where search is important. Customers who can’t find the products they’re looking for, will leave your site. Those that can find the products within seconds, will convert on your site. That is why you need to use one of these Shopify Instant Search Apps. They are quick and help turn your basic Shopify search function into a more powerful, revenue generating feature on your website. Which of these apps will your install?