Top 10 Shopify Product Recommendation Apps
Last modified: November 18, 2020
When it comes to making more money from your site, there is only one way to do this: earn more money from the same customers. Those who have already decided to purchase from you are more likely to buy form you again or add to their order. That is why it is useful to offer products that you think the customer will like. To do this, you need to use one of the Shopify product recommendation apps.
How can Shopify Product Recommendation Apps help your Store?
There are many ways that product recommendation apps can help your store. For one, they can improve the order value for most orders. If someone is ordering an electronic device, you could recommend the batteries for that device. Or, perhaps, extra warranty on the device.
Secondly, you could offer a product that other customers have bought. This could be related to the product that they’re looking at or perhaps a top selling product. This improves the FOMO on your site that can help improve conversions on your site.
Or you could bring back past customers. Those who’ve already bought from you are more likely to make a purchase in the future. It is also cheaper to market to these people. This could either be by using the Facebook Pixel or you could use Google Remarketing. However, you could use old-fashioned email marketing that has the highest ROI.
And product recommendations aren’t hated by customers. In fact, customers love product recommendations and nearly 86% of customers are likely to make a purchase based on the personalized recommendation that a brand gives them.
So, here are the top Shopify product recommendation apps for your website.
Filter between free and paid
Vitals is a top app that includes more than forty functions to help you bring together your website for better performance and higher sales. It has a bought together function that helps you recommend products to your customer that others have purchased with the items in their cart. The system will look familiar to most customers as it has an Amazon aspect to it.
You can also use the wheel of fortune game to build a mailing list and reward customers for interactions to your site. There are also other functions that can help build your mailing list like popup windows and connection with MailChimp and more.
Plus, there are other ways to make your site convert more traffic. For instance, there are pricing bundles, countdown timers, pre-orders and more. You can also improve ranking on Google for your site through many SEO aspects. This can improve traffic levels and build revenues organically.
- Recommend products to your customers for improved order values and more profit.
- Do product bundles to improve the conversion of your customers. You can also improve conversion with other tools.
- Increase urgency on your website with countdown timers and more.
- Chat features available, offering you better options to give high quality customer service.
Sales Rocket is a very similar app to Vitals, in that it offers more functions than the normal type of app. There are more than 35 different functions on this app that can help you take your website to the next level. Being included in one app allows you to save space and money on other apps.
The app includes a fantastic ‘also bought together’ feature that recommends products to customers based on the purchase orders of other customers. You can also use the feature to offer substitutions to the product that the customer is currently looking at. Therefore, there are more than a few ways that you can use this feature to improve order values or conversions.
There are other features on this app as well. For instance, there is a shipping bar, sales popup notifications, stock countdown, delivery by and countdown timers. You can also create lead capture forms that with the popup forms, can help you capture more leads on your website and build a strong mailing list.
You can also build a strong, beautiful Wheel of Fortune game that allows you to add gamification to your website. This allows you to engage more to your website and build leads. You can also use it as a way to build a strong mailing campaign.
SALES ROCKET Highlights:
- Use more than 35 functions on your site, helping to add functions to your website but also build a better website for less.
- Can show products that other customers have also bought to improve order values.
- Create urgency and FOMO sense on your website that can help improve conversions.
- Lower cart abandonment on your site, improving revenues.
Also Bought • Recommendations
This app offers you the chance to use the Amazon recommended products style to offer customers a personalized recommended list. There are lots of great options that can be used for your site and the state of the art AI can use advanced techniques to improve conversions with good recommendations. For instance, the AI can use factors like sales history, new orders and product updates to help bring to your customers the right recommendations.
You can also choose where on your website the recommendations are located. You can choose the recommended products as well, if there are certain combinations you would prefer to promote on your store. This manual list is a great way to ensure customers get the best experience from their purchase from you by including the products that you know fit well together.
Otherwise you can let the AI take complete control. This can offer products that are more likely to be bought by customers, therefore, your revenues can be increased quickly and efficiently.
While being recommended products, your customers can choose the number of items to add to their cart. They can add one, two or an unlimited number of the product (stock allowing). In addition, they can reject the recommended products altogether. And you can also reduce decision fatigue by limiting the number of products that are being recommended to customers on your store.
Also Bought – Recommendations Highlights:
- The AI can select the perfect product recommendations to improve your conversions and order values.
- Show product ratings for recommendations when you have one of the many review apps installed on your Shopify store.
- Limit the number of product recommendations shown on your site to reduce consumer’s getting decision fatigue. This improves conversions.
- You can create your own manual recommendations list.
Also Bought Cross Sell
Using the Amazon style of ‘also bought’ to promote products in a bundle, this app can offer great product recommendations to your visitors. It is also a good way to add social proof and build trust with your customers, by showing that others have made purchases on your website and showcase what they’ve bought. In addition, by using the past transactions on your website, you’re using recommendations that match purchasing behaviors of your key audience.
The app offers you lots of ways to customize it. You can choose the number of products that you offer in recommendations, change the title, color, background settings and more. You can also check the design of the feature through a preview button that allow you to make the necessary changes before you publish the feature on your website.
Also Bought Cross Sell Highlights:
• Create a frequently bought together system that matches the Amazon ‘Also Bought’ area on the website.
• It is very easy to install, customize and use the app on your website. You don’t need to know any developer/coding skills.
• Improve your website’s revenues with limited work. All recommendations can be automatically created from orders made by previous customers.
• Customize the ‘also bought together’ area.
This free app allows you to add the related products and ‘also bought’ products to store pages across your site. This increases the chances that customers will order more products within one transaction and improves your site’s revenues. It also helps to increase order profitability, which is very important when it comes to those who offer free shipping.
The app is heavily styled on the Amazon ‘bought together’ aspect. This is because the Amazon system works. It has helped the popular eCommerce site become a well-known and successful retail giant. But it also helps you, your customers will feel comfortable with the system and they will trust it more.
With the app, you can choose between three widget placement options. This includes on the home, product and cart pages. Therefore, you can maximize the chance that the customer will add to their cart and make a larger order. The widgets can also be customized, therefore there is seamless experience for your customers.
There are lots of algorithms that are used within the recommendation element. This includes monitoring of past purchasing behaviors of your customers. By discovering a standard buying behavior routine, the app can become more accurate and offer you more rewards.
Upsell Recommendations Highlights:
- Upsell Recommendations is a fast app, allowing you to have a fast website that will help keep user experiences great.
- Will analyze the behaviors of the past customers on your store to predict trends and get the right product recommendations to customers.
- Uses the very familiar Amazon-style to make customers feel more comfortable.
- Can customize the widget and place it in three different locations.
Recom.ai ‑ Upsell & Cross‑sell
This app helps you make the right and profitable product recommendations to your customers. This will increase customer retention, improve order value and grow your business. This app uses sliders, which can be placed anywhere on your website and can be displayed as a popup, when certain actions are taken (like a product being added to a cart).
Therefore, with this app, you can develop a strong marketing plan that can help put your eRetail business at the top of your niche. You can upsell, cross sell and sell recommended products at ease and on autopilot, allowing you to focus more on servicing customers and getting more traffic to your website.
And if you want to have more control, you can establish your own rule system. This can be really useful if you’re looking for a certain combination of products to be sold together.
Recom.ai ‑ Upsell & Cross‑sell Highlights:
- Can use the behaviors of past customers to automatically select what products should be recommended to customers.
- The app makes use of popups and sliders to display the best recommended products.
- Make your website more profitable with a range of product recommendations that increase order values.
- If you’re looking for more control, you can create your own rules to recommend products.
Wider - Personalized Recommendations
Wider is used by lots of brands on both the Shopify Plus and Shopify basic plans. Some of the big brands that are using this app include Kappa USA, Unilever, Gym Plus Coffee and more. And these brands have seen conversion rates increase by to 30% with the app.
You can use the app to recommend products to your customers in various ways. For instance, you can have an ‘also bought’ widget installed on your home, product, cart, thank you and other pages on your website.
Recommendations can be shown by those products that are related to what the browser is currently looking at. These recommendations could be based on similar collections, tags, product type and more. And it takes just one click for the customer to add the product to the cart.
If you want, you can make the recommendations yourself, creating a recommended list based on what products you think go well together. For instance, you can recommend a certain type of printer when a customer buys a laptop.
The app is also one of the more unique options on this list. It takes product recommendations away from the website and sends them directly to past customers through email. All you need is a MailChimp or Klaviyo account to take advantage of this.
Wider – Personalized Recommendations Highlights:
- Send product recommendations to your customers through email marketing software.
- Create the list of the best recommendations you can think of for the products on your store.
- Easy to use and install, so you don’t need any technical knowledge or skills.
- Used by some of the biggest brands on Shopify Plus and the basic plans.
Frequently Bought Together
This app offers you an effortless, Amazon-like recommended products area on your store. It can help analyze the behavior of past customers and see what they bought to give new customers the same purchasing options through recommendations. There is a lot of data mining that is used here and the recommendations are really good. You should see an improvement in order value and conversions within a short space of time.
When customers see products that they like within the recommended list, they can click on a single button to add the product to their cart.
The style of the ‘also bought’ section is automatically aligned to the theme that you’re using. Therefore, there is a seamless integration into your store. And you can set the position of the widget to the position you want most.
Frequently Bought Together Highlights:
- Create an effortless Amazon-like recommendation on your site that can improve conversions and increase order values.
- Analyses the past purchasing behaviors of your customers to make the recommendations.
- Blends the widget into your theme’s design for a seamless integration to your website.
- Can be placed in numerous options available across the product page.
LimeSpot personalizer is a great option for those that want to offer your customers personalized product recommendations. This can be done across your web, mobile, emails and adverts. As soon as you install the app it will start to analyze past behaviors on your website to create the perfect list of recommended products. There is no need to manually create your recommended lists, everything is done for you and the recommendations are reviewed and analyzed all the time.
To make the recommendations look more appealing, you can adjust the look of the recommendation widget on your store. This includes the layout, design, content and even the placement of the recommendation. This is done on a simple basis that allows anyone to make the changes, even those without any technical skills.
And to improve your site’s performance, you can do A/B testing on all recommendation designs. So you can learn what customers want and make changes to improve conversions.
The app also allows for email campaigns where you send personalized recommendations. These can be really effective and can be done with all major email service providers like MailChimp and HubSpot.
LimeSpot Personalizer Highlights:
- A/B test your widget designs to get more conversions with better performing recommendation areas.
- Everything is done automatically, saving you time for other important tasks.
- Can send recommendations to customers through an effective email system.
- No technical skills required to operate app.
Smartr is a great app that allows you to calculate and display product recommendations through a thorough and powerful AI algorithm. All product recommendations are displayed in an Amazon-like recommended products area that can help you increase the average order value and grow profitability of your website.
The AI uses the past behaviors of your customers to define what the most profitable items are to offer at the same time. The app works immediately after installation. Recommended products will then display just under the product listing.
Smartr Recommendations Highlights:
- One of the more basic Shopify product recommendation apps available.
- Uses an AI to analyze past orders to generate recommendations.
- Displays recommended products at the bottom of product listings.
- Easy to use, works immediately after installation.
Final Word: Top 10 Shopify Product Recommendation Apps
When it comes to growing your business, nothing works better than to sell to your existing customers. Use one of the Shopify product recommendation apps above to help you discover the best products and display them in the perfect place to help customers buy more from you. With so many apps available, it can be hard to know which to choose, so what will your choice be?