Top 10 Shopify Gamification Apps
Last modified: September 23, 2020
Gamification is one of the top ways that you can get customers to spend more on your site or get them to give you their email address. Gamification comes in all forms, from having games on your site that encourage interaction or having games that allow customers to collect rewards. There are lots of Shopify gamification apps that you can use on your website.
What Can Shopify Gamification Apps Do To Help Your Brand?
Shopify gamification apps allow you to turn a website into a fun place to be. Whether you offer small games that encourage thought or a game that allows customers to win through luck, you can really engage with customers.
And gamification activities on a website are a great way to build a social following. Customers can post the results of their game on their social feeds. This can encourage their friends and family to come to your store and participate in the same games. When they’re on your store, they’ll look at what you have to offer and this can improve the number of customers you have.
Plus, gamification can be a great way to grow your email marketing list. Most Shopify gamification apps ensure that games can’t be played unless an email address is entered. So, what are the top apps on offer?
Filter between free and paid
Vitals has more than 40 functions that can help your website grow and one of those is a great gamification option: a wheel of fortune. Customers spin the wheel on your website to claim a prize, once they’ve entered in their email address. This simple gamification option allows you to create engagement and more on your website and build a mailing list that can be very rewarding. At the same time, you can encourage return customers by resetting the wheel the next day for the customer.
In addition to this, there is a frequently bought together function to show products other customers have bought at the same time as products already in user’s cart. This improves cross selling and increases the average order value on your website.
To help push customers into making a purchasing decision, you can use urgency tactics through countdown timers and low stock counts. You can also improve functionality of the website through live chat and currency conversion functions. The app can also help you to rank higher on Google and other search engines with ease.
- Add gamification via a wheel of fortune that helps to improve email capturing techniques.
- Increase conversions with urgency through countdown timers and stock counts.
- Improve search ratings with great SEO functionality that will rank you higher.
- Use cross selling tactics to improve average order values.
Sales Rocket may contain fewer functions than Vitals, but it does have an impressive mix of major features to help you grow your business. The app has the same wheel of fortune game that Vitals has, so when customers spin, they can win, but only after giving you their email contact details. The app also allows for great exit intent poups that can help you collect more emails.
The app contains lots of features that can help you sell more. For instance there is an ‘also bought together’ feature. This displays products bought with the item currently being viewed by the customer. There is also a shipping bar that can tell customers they can spend an extra amount for free shipping.
SALES ROCKET Highlights:
- Use more than 35 functions to improve sales, conversions and your store’s average order values.
- Create a sense of urgency on your site with the help of FOMO apps.
- A wheel of fortune game that can help to gamify your site and keep customers coming back to play more.
- Use the free shipping bar to help increase the average order values while offering customers free shipping.
Gamification is very important to today’s market. Customers don’t want great products, they want an experience they can remember and this is where WooHoo can help your store to exceed the expectations of your customers. Customers can play a range of games on your site, these games include pick a gift, card dance, reel of coupons and more. However, to participate in the games, users will have to share their email address with you.
Games are displayed on a popup. These popups can be triggered by numerous behaviors that you set, depending on your goals. And to make the popups more engaging and the games more fun, you can add numerous elements to them. For instance, you can include any image you want or a countdown timer for urgency.
This can help you build a vibrant community and some fun experiences on your website.
To help you keep in contact with those who have provided you with their contact details, the app automatically connects to MailChimp as well as other email marketing apps.
- Gamification encourages interaction on your website.
- Provide offer codes that are unique to the user, so only they can use them.
- Collect emails and use them on email marketing software like MailChimp.
- Use numerous visitor behaviors to activate popups with games.
Exit Intent Popup by OptiMonk
If you want to succeed, then you need numerous ways to contact visitors who have been to your store before. This app allows you to grow your email, Messenger and SMS lists by displaying a popup to customers. The popup can be activated through many different behaviors on your website including a welcome, scroll or exit. The popup can also contain lots of cool games like lucky wheels and scratchcards. Therefore, gamification of your website is easy and fun.
There are more than 200 templates for the popups that you can use on your site. And with the drag and drop editor, you can customize those templates to your own specific needs. However, if you want something that isn’t close to a template, then you can build a popup from scratch using the editor as well.
This app is available for free, but there are some premium, paid plans available as well.
Exit Intent Popup by OptiMonk Highlights:
- Make your site a fun filled site that allows customers to play games for rewards.
- Collect user details for further marketing opportunities as customers play games.
- Utilize any of the 200 plus popup templates on your Shopify store.
- Edit any template or create your own using the intuitive drag and drop editor included with this app.
Keep customers engaged on your website with this free popup app for your store. You can design and deploy effective popups that include games on them to encourage visitors to stay around on your store for longer and allows you to market to them. The more time they spend on your store, the more likely they are to convert. And with the games, you can collect email contact details for further marketing later on.
One of the games that you can allow guests to play on your website is the spin-to-win game. You can include numerous rewards on the wheel including discounts and free gifts.
All games and popups can be split tested to see which has the best return for your efforts. This allows you to build a better business and allows you to work smarter, not harder. The app is completely responsive, so customers on any device can enjoy the games that you deploy on your website and you can personalize with this app. Popups can be displayed based on the location of the visitor, the date/time, mouse movement and more. A more personalized experience will yield better results.
- This app is free, so it is a good option for those on a tight budget.
- Engage visitors to your website with games that allow them to play for a prize, in exchange of personal information (email).
- Deploy contests to build loyal following to your brand and reach new audiences.
- Personalize the experience to improves results and monitor success with split testing.
If you want to create loyalty with your brand, then gamification is a great option. This app allows you to create a following for your brand by rewarding them. You can use games like the wheel-of-fortune where they can come back day after day to try and win something your website. And you can create a customer loyalty program that allows you to mix gamification and loyalty into a sleek package that rewards both you and your customers.
You can create tiers within your loyalty programs that allow you to reward customers to spend more money on your site. This is another way to gamify your site. And if you add monthly competitions on your social media and blog, you can actually incorporate more gamification into your website.
The app is also very versatile. You can run a points system that awards in-store currency for points. The more a customer spends on your store, the more points they get. However, this app also takes into account the discounts being applied to a cart amount. Therefore, if a customer is using a discount code, they won’t be rewarded for the money that they’re claiming on the discount. This means you don’t lose out in the long term. Some other apps don’t have this feature.
The app is lightweight, so despite the complexity of the app, your Shopify store won’t be slowed down. This means you don’t lose out on revenue nor customers. And it is compatible with most Shopify stores.
- Have an advanced loyalty program that rewards customers for what they spend on your store.
- Retain customers through innovative campaigns and gamification techniques.
- Use the analytical tools within this app to perfect campaigns and make them more valuable to you.
- Use the numerous customization tools to ensure that your website’s loyalty program is unique to your store and fits in with your brand.
This is a new sort of gamification app that allows you to collect more emails and generate sales. It operates like an exit popup app, and it will grab the attention of your visitors quickly. It does this by offering an interactive quiz that allows the customer to get a unique and personalized discount code.
The app is easy to use and quick to install. The question you ask doesn’t really matter, nor does the answer. Whatever answer the customer gives, they’ll win. The problem with this is that you don’t want to make it too obvious that it is fixed for them and that they only need to participate. The app will show the right answer, just so they know whether or not they were right or not.
There is a 14-day trial on this app for you to try.
- Exit intent popup provides a quiz to visitors.
- Customers can answer questions and are shown the right answers.
- Doesn’t matter the score, the visitor is given a unique discount code.
- 14-day free trial.
Spin a sale allows you to grow your email list by having a special prize wheel display for customers within a popup. The wheel is completely customizable, and you can choose the colors, text and event the exact discounts that you would like to offer customers on your site. When the popup is displayed, customers can enter their email address to take a spin on the wheel and try to win a prize.
There are lots of triggers for the app and the popup to display. For instance, it can be displayed on exit, or placed on a display timer from when the customer lands on a page. The app can also detect the device being used and will display the popup in a device-friendly format, making it completely responsive to the user.
All discounts provided to the visitors are unique to the visitor. And they can be made valid for a set period of time. Therefore, you’re creating urgency on your site.
- Use a wheel of fortune game to collect email addresses for your store.
- Customize the wheel of fortune game, including what discounts and their frequency easily.
- Numerous triggers to display game.
- Is highly responsive, so will look great on any device.
Original Wheelio spin pop‑ups
This is a more complex gamification app, because it doesn’t just ask for email address, it also asks for Facebook Messenger subscription. And this can be useful. The app offers a game like many others, a simple wheel of fortune game. This relaxes customers and lures them into engagement that they will enjoy and can be rewarded for.
There are also other gaming options including a slot machine and scratch card game. There is also email validation and duplication prevention, to stop your coupons and games being scammed by those looking to take advantage of your gamification options on your site.
The app is fully compliant with GDPR and Google, therefore, you won’t be penalized for using it on your website. And there are many triggers that can activate the games including time on site, exit intent and scrolling.
Original Wheelio spin pop‑ups Highlights:
- Uses three games for more gamification options.
- Prevents fraud on your website through email validation and duplication prevention.
- Compliant with GDPR and Google.
- Collects lots of data about the user for further marketing options.
Hero Box ‑ Saves The Day
This is a new type of gamification and it allows you to standout from the crowd. This app allows you to have numerous games that can be revenue collecting as well. For instance, there are mystery box games that allow customers to choose a box to see what’s inside: a prize or a loss on one occasion. To play, customers can enter in an email, or you can run a raffle and get customers to make a payment for a ticket to win the prize.
You can also see what has happened to winners. See who has won and whether they accepted their gift or abandoned your store afterwards.
Hero Box ‑ Saves The Day Highlights:
- A lot of different games available to play on your store.
- Monetize your games through raffle options.
- See what customers did with their prizes.
- See what prizes each customer won.
Final Word: Top 10 Shopify Gamification Apps
Gamification is one way to earn the trust of your audience and get them to give you their contact details. There are new Shopify gamification apps you can use on your store. Each have unique features that can fit inside your brand much better than other options. Which of the apps will you install? Let us know in the comments.