Or go to our Shopify Theme Detector directly
Top 10 Shopify Exit Intent Apps – 
Last modified: July 4, 2022
||Get a Free Custom Shopify Store|
Abandoned Cart Recovery
Exit Intent Popup by OptiMonk
When you run a store, you want to make sure that you’re getting the most from your visitors. Whether that’s a conversion (paying customer) or a new contact for your mailing list. Unfortunately not everyone is going to be as eager to give you their details as you would like. That is why you need to prompt them as they leave using one of the numerous Shopify exit intent apps.
What Do Shopify Exit Intent Apps Offer Your Brand?
When you use one of the Shopify exit intent apps, you’re using a popup to get the visitor to give information or come back to the page when they signal they want to leave the page. This can be because they’re moving to the address bar on the browser or switching to a new tab. On the exit intent, you’re therefore collecting information about the customer that you can use.
This therefore increases the number of people that you can subscribe to your mailing list, which can later be turned into sales. It can also help increase traffic for your website. Research has shown that about 70% of new visitors won’t return to your website unless your subscribe to your mailing list (or have them subscribe to push notifications).
Finally, you can get customers to think again about leaving your site. Simply by adding a coupon code or discount to the popup, you might get some customers to stay on your site and continue shopping on your store.
So, what are the top 10 Shopify exit intent apps? Here are our choices?
Vitals is a great option when it comes to adding functionality to your store. It isn’t just one app, it has more than 40 other functions that can help your website achieve greatness. For one, there is a popup that can be displayed when the customer tries to exit your website. This allows you to collect email addresses and build your mailing list.
The app also includes a frequently bought together function that allows you to show products that other customers buy in addition to the products already in the cart. This allows you to cross sell products and can help you improve the average order value on your website.
There are also other functions that can help you collect emails, such as a wheel of fortune game that can reward customers for interacting with your website. You can also create urgency on your website through countdown timers that can make customers worry that they’re going to miss out on products/delivery times.
To help you rank highly on Google, there are SEO aspects that can help you rank and build traffic. You can also interact more with customers thanks to live chat functions.
Sales Rocket is very similar to Vitals, but it contains fewer functions, but does include all the major features you need to take your website to the next level. This app can save you hundreds of dollars on subscriptions and also improve your site’s speed, helping you maximize the store’s revenue.
The app allows for great exit intent popups to be developed. The app suite also includes an ‘also bought together’ feature. This will display products that are bought with the product that the customer is viewing. This can improve cross sales on your site and the average profit per order.
There are also other features included with this app. This includes a shipping bar that tells customers how much more they need to spend to get free shipping. And you can capture lots of leads with lead capture forms.
SALES ROCKET Highlights:
- Access to more than 35 functions that help to improve sales, conversions and order values.
- Use some of the features to a sense of create urgency on your website to improve conversions.
- Have a popup that can display when the customer attempts to leave your site, helping you to recover carts and grow your mailing list.
- Free shipping bar that can help to increase order values.
Justuno is a conversion app that allows you to utilize AI to build a business and grow your brand. There are lots of elements to this app that help you reach customers over a longer period to build sales and increase traffic. You can also use the app for push notifications, this allows you to send notifications to your customers’ phones or desktop browsers.
This should lead to a higher level of traffic on your store of interested browsers. And this can increase sales. And the small increase in the number of returning customers might have an impact on your store’s ranking on Google.
Finally, Justuno is easy to use and setup. There is no coding needed and you can setup without the help of a website developer.
- You can create contests on your site that can help you build a larger, more productive mailing list.
- There are more than 100 behaviors you can use to target potential customers.
- Exit intent popups help to capture the details of customers before they’ve left your store for good.
- Use countdown timers and low-stock alerts to create urgency with customers.
Abandoned Cart Recovery
This Shopify app allows you to have a fully automated abandoned cart recovery system on your website that you can use to build a strong, more powerful brand. Once installed, you can access any of the pre-built and optimized email templates that have been tested and proven to work. These templates have customization options, so you can make sure that messages sent out are exactly how you want to be viewed by customers.
To help with recoveries, you can establish a three email workflow. This can help to increase conversions for your brand. You can also add a discount that can be automatically applied to a cart when a customer clicks on a link within the email.
The app also has an excellent exit-intent aspect that allows you to send emails to those who are abandoning their carts. Or you can use the email address to market to them in the future.
Abandoned Cart Recovery Highlights:
- Can create a series of three email to help entice customers back to your site to complete the transaction.
- Include a discount code on your email series to further entice customers back to your store.
- An exit-intent popup that allows you to prevent cart abandonment.
- Use templates that have been tried and tested.
This is one of the most trusted email marketing apps on Shopify. It takes just seconds to setup an account with Privy and get your first campaign going. The app adds lots of great elements for your website, including an exit-intent popup that allows you to build a strong mailing list that will be profitable.
The app also allows you to create upsell popups that help to improve the average order values on your website. Therefore, you won’t need to use a frequently bought together app in addition to this app.
There are numerous options for triggering an event. This includes what device the user is on, the value of the cart, the page they’re on and more. By customizing the campaigns based on this behavior, you can really make campaigns more relevant to each and every user. Therefore, you can improve results and get better revenues/profits from your store.
- Split test campaigns on your store to see which is more effective and improve marketing results.
- There are lots of different campaign triggers that can be used on your store.
- See reports in real-time so you can take action immediately.
- Can integrate this app with other email marketing software packages for a more inclusive experience.
This app is a little lighter on features, but what it does do, it does well. There are prebuilt workflows within the core programming that have specific targeting rules to help you create campaigns for your brand that will sell. You can design popups that can be displayed on any device so customers don’t miss out no matter if their using a phone or desktop.
In addition, you don’t have to be a design expert in order to get your popups ready. There are numerous pre-built templates you can use to build them. And the app has an editor that allows you to customize the popup or email from scratch or customize a template for your specific needs. There are numerous elements that you can create here including welcome messages, exit-intent popups and more.
This app allows you to automate lots of processes on your website. For instance, you can automate the abandoned cart emails, purchasing notifications and newsletters. And there are statistics available for all campaigns that you send. This can include open rates, bounces, spam reports and more.
Abandonment Protector Highlights:
- Pre-built templates that can be used for your brand and customized using the designer.
- Automate the email process that saves you time to complete other tasks.
- There are great statistics that help you delve into how your campaigns are performing.
- Responsive emails and popups, that look great on any device.
This free popup app will help you keep any visitors to your website engaged. You’ll be able to deploy an effective mailing popup as well as exit-intent popups that allow you to build a mailing list with ease. In addition, you can have some innovative gaming popups that are good at building a positive, fun experience for your visitors. Some of the games that you can add include spin-to-win games.
You can split test all your popups to see see which of the designs you have converts more. All popups created with the app are responsive, so there are no negative impact on your users’ experiences while visiting your website.
There’s lots of personalization with this app. The popups can be based on the visitors location, the page their visiting, the date/time, their intention to exit the site or even the mouse movement on the page. Therefore, you can really customize the content they see and make the campaigns more relevant to them. This can help with conversions.
- Free app, helps to keep costs down.
- Use games to engage visitors to your website while also collecting vital marketing information.
- Deploy contests to build loyal following to your brand and collect email addresses.
- Can have exit intent on your website.
This app doesn’t have the most versatility when it comes to exit intent apps, but it is a great choice none-the-less. All you have to do is install the app, design the popup and place the code on the pages you want it to be active on. There are lots of different messages that can be pushed onto pages. This includes flash sales, collect feedback or capture email addresses.
There are different ways that your poups can be activated. For instance, they can be activated as soon as the customer lands on your page, or they can be activated as the customer is intending to exit. You can encourage visitors to engage with your popup by hiding the ‘close’ button on your popups.
The popups can support any language, so multilingual sites or those in different languages can use this app without trouble.
- Easy to install and use popup app for your Shopify store.
- Responsive popup designs mean they can be viewed on any device, mobile or desktop.
- Activate your email on any page you would like and have different popups for different pages.
- Collect emails from many different behaviors on your site, including exit-intent.
Gamification is important when it comes to making customers want to engage with your website and WooHoo allows you to have customers play games on your site. Included with these games are pick a gift, card dance, reel of coupons and more. When the user plays a game, they have to share their email address with you.
Games can be displayed on a popup that have numerous triggers, one being exit intent. And you can add many elements to the popups including images and countdown timers. Therefore, you can make your games looking amazing and improve conversion rates.
The app automatically connects to MailChimp and several other email marketing service providers.
- Encourage interaction on your website with gamification.
- Offer codes that are unique to the visitor seeing them on the screen.
- Integrate your store with numerous email marketing software providers.
- Target visitors who are about to exit your store.
Exit Intent Popup by OptiMonk
This app allows you to grow your email, Messenger or SMS list by showing customers a popup that can be activated on many different behaviors. In addition to popups, you can show other types of messages like fullscreen, side messages, lucky wheels and scratchcards. Therefore, you can gamify your website for better engagement and success.
You don’t have to just have messages shown on exit intent. There are other behaviors that can trigger messages. For instance, there can be a time delay, scroll action, inactivity and more.
To help you get the look of the messages just right, there are more than 200 templates you can use and a drag and drop editor to help you customize them or build one from scratch.
Exit Intent Popup by OptiMonk Highlights:
- Gamify your website with ease.
- Use many different actions, and inactions, to target users.
- Use more than 200 templates on your website.
- Drag and drop editor allows you to build a popup from scratch or customize a template.
Final Word: Top 10 Shopify Exit Intent Apps
Customers leaving your store is a lost opportunity, but you can make it more valuable by having an exit intent popup shown. This can collect emails or entice the customer to come back and try your brand again. To get this to work, you will need one of the top Shopify Exit Intent apps, like one of the ones listed in this article.