Top 10 Shopify Cookie Bar Apps
Last modified: September 3, 2020
Cookies bars are an important part of running your online store. There are many laws across the world, including the EU’s GDPR laws, that mean you need a cookie information bar for users. A bar is a simple, nonintrusive way to deliver privacy information to customers, so it can be a good option. But for these to be used on your website, you will need to use one of the numerous Shopify cookie bar apps available.
What Will Shopify Cookie Bar Apps Offer Your Store?
This can only be done with the use of one of the Shopify cookie bar apps on offer. Some of the apps also offer other functionality, like push notifications, countdown timers and other functions that can help you improve your conversion rate.
The Shopify cookie bar app is often very lightweight, so there is limited risk that one will slowdown your website. However, they’re also a good way to avoid fines and other legal issues in many countries. Even if you don’t sell to visitors from the EU, you’re expected to follow their regulations. Therefore, it is important to be ready to deal with visitors from the EU.
So, what are the best Shopify cookie bar apps available? This is our list of the top apps for your store.
Filter between free and paid
Announcement Bar + Web Push
This app has other functions as well. This includes an announcement app where you can tell customers about the latest sales, deals and new products to arrive on your site. It can also be used as a web push app. So, when a visitor agrees to being kept informed, they will automatically be notified of all new releases on your website whether it’s new products, content or whatever you want to inform your customers about. And this notification appears in their browser. This can also be used to help you recover abandoned carts.
In addition, there is a timer aspect to the app. This allows you to create a sense of urgency and a FOMO aspect that should help improve conversions and increase average order values.
Announcement Bar + Web Push Highlights:
- Increase the number of customers returning to your store with push notifications.
- Use the cookie bar to comply with GDPR regulations.
- Use push notifications and announcement bar to inform customers of new stock, sales and to bring them back to recover abandoned carts.
- Showcase all the important information you need to as soon as the customer lands on your website.
EU Cookie Bar ‑ Cookie GDPR
This app is really easy to use. There are no technical skills required to install and operate the app. It is a one-click install for you and you can customize it with ease so that the bar matches your store’s branding. You can activate it as easily as well. Being free, it is also good for those who are on a limited budget.
EU Cookie Bar ‑ Cookie GDPR Highlights:
- This is a ‘100% free app’ that allows you to stay compliant with all current EU laws.
- Match the cookie bar with your brand’s current website design with ease.
- No technical skills required for installation or activation.
- Has been optimized for use across devices, including all mobile devices.
Free GDPR + EU Cookie Bar
Another free Shopify app for you that will help you comply with privacy laws across the world, especially in the US, Canada and EU. This app offers a simple, but customizable, banner that asks permission for the user to collect information about their browsing behavior using cookies. Once the visitor has given their permission, the banner will disappear. It is a very simple process that offers reassurance to your visitors and builds trust.
However, the functionality of the app doesn’t end there.
Free GDPR + EU Cookie Bar Highlights:
- Is compatible with all Shopify themes and apps.
- Ensure you’re complying with EU data privacy laws with a free app.
- Provide visitors with a link so they can review your brand’s terms and conditions.
- This app is simple to use, it doesn’t require any coding knowing.
Free GDPR + Cookie Management
Despite the name, this isn’t a completely free app. There is a free plan, but there are also premium plans for this app that offer you more functionality and it is better to subscribe to one of these than the free option available. The app itself is more complex than other cookie notification bar apps that are available on the list. The app can not just track policy acceptances it also collect any and all GDPR requests.
The app also allows you to make changes to customer account information. This allows you to enact changes to your customer information when they’ve had a change of heart, which can sometimes happen.
The app is completely responsive; displaying well on all devices and screen resolutions. And this app works across the world. You don’t just have to show the cookie bar to those who come from the EU, though this is where the major problem might be. And you can translate the bar into English, German, French, Italian and more.
Free GDPR + Cookie Management Highlights:
- This app provides you with more control over the data collected than other apps.
- Allows you to see data deletion requests and allows you to act upon them quickly and with ease.
- Can help you to block Google and Facebook pixels for more privacy for the visitors to your site.
- Translate your cookie bar into numerous languages to help you reach a worldwide audience.
Easy GDPR + Cookie Bar
Shopify cookie bar apps are usually free and this one is no different. That is a good thing, because staying applicable to the law shouldn’t cost you too much. When this app is installed you can showcase a cookie notification bar or popup on your store with ease. This can be limited to just certain areas, like the EU. The notification can also be translated into 24 different languages, making it one of the most multi-lingual Shopify apps available.
Easy GDPR + Cookie Bar Highlights:
- This app is easy to install and activate on your store. There are no technical skills required.
- Compatible across all devices and with both registered and guest visitors.
- No need to use a developer, it is easy to customize the private data pages yourself.
- Technical support available should you ever need any technical help.
GDPR Cookie Consent Banner
This is another free app that allows you to stay compliant with cookie laws across the world. The cookie consent bar can be added to your site with just a single click and all visitors can be shown the notification for acceptance. Then when they’ve accepted the message, the message can disappear. The message can also be shown in 24 different languages, creating a multi-lingual cookie performance for you.
There is a preview banner, that allows you to see the customized design of your cookie notification bar. You can make changes to the text, alignment, font and size with ease and allow it to match the branding of your site.
GDPR Cookie Consent Banner Highlights:
- Another free cookie notification app that helps your brand to be compliant privacy laws.
- Customise the look and style of the banner so it matches your store’s branding.
- Monitor and manage settings from a single page within your Shopify dashboard.
- Ensure the banner is in the right place on the store, by selecting the position.
EU GDPR Cookies Notification
The app allows you to have a notification that appears only for those in the EU, however, you can have the bar appear for users across the world. The app is also fully mobile friendly, allowing it to be displayed regardless of the device that is being used. And there is free support available for all subscribers to this app. Problems can be solved within 24 hours on working days.
EU GDPR Cookies Notification Highlights:
- Ensure that the look and style of the bar matches your current branding.
- Restrict the display of the bar to those only within in the EU or allow all to see across the world.
- Free support is available that allows for 24 hours support during the world week.
- Allows you to comply with strict data privacy laws across the world.
GDPR Cookie Notice Bar
The coding for this app is mobile friendly, so it can be viewed on any device with any resolution.
Controls on the app allow you to change the behaviors of the app and how it displays the warning. So you can make that delicate balance between staying compliant with laws across the world and the user’s experience on your website.
Customization is simple. You can match the current style of your brand’s website through the changing of fonts, colors and more. This allows for all notifications to seamlessly blend into your website.
GDPR Cookie Notice Bar Highlights:
- Ensure that the bar/popup doesn’t cover up important information by selecting its position.
- Control the behavior of the app so you can ensure best experience for customers.
- Match the branding of your site with ease.
- The app is fully responsive, so will look good on any device or screen resolution.
Another of the impressive features with Vitals is the wheel of fortune gamification that makes the shopping experience more engaging to website visitors. The app can also help you to improve your site’s SEO, collect and import reviews and build trust with visitors.
The app has several ways in which it creates urgency, improving conversion rates and the average order value. For instance, it has a frequently bought together function that tells customers what other products were bought with the same products they have in their cart. It can also add social proof elements by using verified, real sales to tell visitors others are buying the same product, and increase fears that the product might run out of stock soon.
- There are more than 40 functions you can use on your website.
- Keep customers informed of your cookie policies.
- Helps with ranking your website with great SEO features.
- Create a more animated and sticky add-to-cart button on your website.
There are other functions too, like the countdown timers, stock countdown options, the sales popup notifications and more. You can also improve the recovery of abandoned carts with this easy-to-use and install series of apps. With all the functions, there is no way you can’t improve website performance with the social proof elements.
The app selection also includes lead capture features. One of these is a wheel of fortune game.
SALES ROCKET Highlights:
- Use more than 40 apps to improve your website’s performance.
- Notify customers of your cookie policies.
- Build leads with great gamification options.
- Lower customer cart abandonment with lots of great features.
Final Word: Top 10 Shopify Cookie Bar Apps
When it comes to keeping inside the law, you don’t have a choice. The laws across many countries including the US, Canada and EU say you need to tell customers about cookies on your site. Therefore you need to use one of the Shopify cookie bar apps that is listed on this site. Which one you install is up to you, so what will you use?