13 Best Apps For Shopify Popups – 
Last modified: March 2, 2023
Or go to our Shopify Theme Detector directly
Apps for Shopify popups can have many functions that can help your business. Common popups can request email details for email subscriptions, offer discount codes, or provide vital information customers might want to know. There are so many functions that it is hard to include them all within one single popup.
This can be of benefit for store owners who want Shopify popups to perform essential, but limited tasks on a website. The more tasks an app does, the more code it has and this can negatively impact load times. In addition, too many popups on your store can result in negative consumer experiences.
What Shopify Popups Do You Need?
There’s no single type of Shopify Popup that you need for your business’ website. There are many different functions they can perform and it depends on your current website design. So, you will need to confirm what areas of your website you need to perform better and whether a popup is the solution you’re looking for.
For instance, if you want to sell more via email, then you need to add subscribers to your list. This can be done via exit intent popups and others that request the details of the website visitors to subscribe to your mailing list. Another option is to have a popup that collects email addresses when items are added to the visitor’s cart. Then, if they abandon, they’re sent an email to try and get them to come and complete the purchase. Reclaiming abandoned carts can add significant revenue to your business.
Alternatively, you could have one of the many Shopify popups that provides discounts, coupons and other details that can help to boost conversions right on your store. You can even use popups to inform visitors about your GDPR compliance and other legal requirements as soon as they land on your store.
Popups can have varying degrees of success too. In general, a good performing popup will have a conversion rate that is about 3%. The top 10% of popups only ever got a conversion rate of 9% and very few (3 in 100 websites) ever got a conversion of more than 10%. Therefore, popups is a strategy that has long term implications.
The best performing popup was 28% according to one study. Though other studies have found a popup that converted nearly 50% of website visitors.
So, what are the best Shopify popups for your website? Here is our top ten for your consideration.
Pop ups - Emails & Surveys
This little popup is great as it offers a lot of functionality. You can have popups for numerous activities including the general email subscribe, notifications and Facebook like popups. These can help you keep customers informed of latest developments and bring them back to your website time and time again.
However, this isn’t the best of the functions of this plugin. There are other popups that are great for engaging visitors and this can help keep them on your website for longer. Some of the more interesting potential popups include a survey popup, spin to win popup and a trivia popup. These can get people learning more about your brand and feeling rewarded for time spent on your store.
Another great option is that you can add a discount timer popup. This creates urgency and can really push order values to help you sell more.
Pop ups Highlights:
- Design your popups with an easy-to-use WYSIWYG editor.
- Frequently updated popups.
- Discount codes can be automatically generated for you.
- Create user behaviors for when the popup should be displayed.
Pixelpop Popups & Banners
Pixelpop Popups is a great way for you to get customers to see your favorite products and collections, as well as blog posts and other content. You can have a popup that directs them to any page or product and this can display on behaviors that you set.
At the same time you can use the popup app to build a mailing list that will help you generate more subscribers. You can connect your website to popular mailing list management software like Mailchimp or Constant Contact.
Generally there are seven popup types. This includes the mail signup, announcement, page promotion, coupon, social follow, cookie disclaimer and a custom image popup. These can be customized on look, wording and behavior. In addition, you can choose between four popular popup shapes, like card and full-screen. These can be edited with a full-screen editor that has live preview options.
Pixelpop Popups & Banners Highlights:
- Advanced targeting options that allow you to activate popups based on numerous factors.
- Time your popups with precision based on page scroll, time on site or number of pages visited.
- Free for the first 500 displays per month.
- Control frequency of how often your popups should display to visitors.
This free Shopify popup app allows you to control where your popup displays on your website and with what behaviours. You can limit it to display just on your website, or you can have it located everywhere. You can also limit it so it will only display when the customer has a certain number of products in the cart.
There are numerous types of popup that this app supports including newsletter, video, coupon, countdown and product popup.
One of the newest features of the popup is the Automatic Discount Popup. This is when customers will see the popup with a discount code. If the visitor makes a purchase, the discount code will automatically be applied to their cart. This is great as it reduces the effort that the customer has to put in and improves their experience on their store. Something that will persuade them to come back to your website again in the future.
Promotion Popup by Secomapp Highlights:
- Free Shopify app regardless of use.
- Automatic discount popup helps to improve customer experience.
- Lots of ways to utilize popup app to make your site more interactive.
- Showcase YouTube videos in a popup.
Another free popup app that will help you keep audiences engaged on your website. As well as the generic mailing popup, Aiva has lots of cool gaming popups that are really good at building positive and fun experiences for your website’s visitors.
Not only do you get some of the best popups like spin-to-win games, but you can also split test your popups to see which converts more. These popups are also highly responsive so can display perfectly on most devices without any negative impact on user experience.
Personalization is also strong with this app. You can use popups based on the visitor’s location, page visits, URL, date/time, their exit intent and even mouse movement on your website. This makes it really good for segmenting campaigns and bringing more relevant popups to your audience and to get better conversion records.
Finally, there are the generic cart abandonment offers. This can help you generate more revenue by converting customers who are about to abandon their cart. When more than two-thirds of your visitors could abandon your cart, just a small proportion of those changing their minds and completing a purchase can make a huge difference to your revenues.
- Free app to help you build engagement with audiences.
- Use games to engage audiences and collect vital marketing information.
- Deploy contests to build a loyal following and collect visitor email addresses.
- Live chat support from developers to help you use the app.
This simple popup app might not seem like much, but with the right strategy it has plenty of potential to help you grow your business. You can develop four types of popups, like lead flow, coupon displays, call-to-action popup and call-to-action floating.
The difference between the call-to-action popup and call-to-action floating is that the latter displays at the bottom of the visitors screen flow while popups display at the center of the visitor’s screen. With each type of popup you have the option to split test them to see which helps you convert the best.
The Smart popup also allows you to integrate with some of the biggest email marketing platforms available.
Smart Popup Highlights:
- Adjust the look and wording of all popups so they match your brand’s style and offering.
- Adjust the conditions which will enable the popup to be displayed on a guests visit to your website.
- Integrate app with several key email marketing software providers including Hubspot, Sendy and Mailchimp.
- Improve your marketing efforts with split testing.
Proper Popup is an app that enables you to produce your own pop up using simple drag and drop or you can choose from the templates available. Including newsletter, age checker, FOMO and many more. You do not need to have coding or developer experience to use this app. You can target the customer at the right time whether this is chosen by time, location, exit intent, making changes to the cart or on cart price.
You can also analyze the data from each pop up campaign to fine tune your future popups and increase future sales. Proper Pop up uses a WYSIWYG live editor to make a variety of popup styles that can be triggered based on a variety of different consumer behaviors including removing a cart, duration on your website, leaving a page and many more options.
Proper Popup Highlights
- WYSIWYG editor
- Analyze the results of your popup campaigns
- Templates available or create your own
- Target your customers at the right time
Spin Wheel Email Pop Up
One of the first things that you should be thinking of when running a website is to grow your email marketing list. This app allows you to do that with the help of gamification. You customize a spin-the-wheel game that you use using your own headings, buttons, colors and more. You can really make the popup branded to your specific colors. The audience can then win a ‘prize’ for spinning the wheel.
But to spin the wheel, the customer must enter an email address. This can then be stored within your favorite email marketing system.
The system includes real-time popup analytics and you can integrate with MailChimp and Klaviyo with ease. The popups are responsive and can really help you drive long-term growth of your business.
Spin Wheel Email Pop Up Highlights
- Integrates with popular email marketing software.
- Can download the customer emails.
- Customize the spin the wheel elements.
- Easy to use and takes just minutes to set up.
OptiMonk is a smart popup tool that helps eCommerce stores grow their email list, increase their revenue, and maximize their Customer Lifetime Value (CLTV). It is an extremely powerful popup tool in eCommerce right now. The feature-rich popup builder allows you to create stunning popups that convert at high rates and won’t annoy your site visitors.
OptiMonk’s free Shopify plugin detects about-to-bounce shoppers, then shows targeted messages to them. Popups containing discount codes or free shipping offers are often enough to convince on-the-fence shoppers to buy immediately.
You can use OptiMonk to personalize your visitors’ entire customer journey—ensuring that you deliver the right message at just the right time. You can also use OptiMonk’s plugin to add a free shipping bar and email popups.
You can boost your revenue by at least 10% with OptiMonk popups.
- A drag-and-drop editor for creating personalized messages easily, without any coding.
- An extensive library of templates for visually stunning popups for your Shopify store.
- A/B test your popups to optimize their performance
- Use popups on up to 10 domains
- Access priority tech support
Privy is one of the best email marketing popup apps that is available on Shopify. It is powerful and offers lots of versatile functions that can help you grow in an instant. You can use the app to build, set parameters and display popups that can collect visitor information for email marketing as well as engage them in other activities.
Like with many of the apps on this list, you can run A/B split tests to determine what converts your audience better. However, what is different about Privy is that this automated, so you do less.
The app can be integrated with 50 email marketing services including some of the most used providers like MailChimp and Conversio.
All popup targeting can be really specific. For instance, you can tell the popup to display based on language, location, device, number of page visits, time on page, current page, etc.. This can help you segment audiences and display only the relevant popups.
You can also use Privy to send emails like newsletters, abandoned cart mailings and follow-up sale information. All of these emails, and the popups can be customized to match your brand’s identity.
- Engage audiences with spin-to-win popups.
- Target specific audiences with popup settings.
- Connect and sync your lists with up to 50 email marketing providers.
- Versatile app that will help you generate more revenue.
This popup app is probably the least versatile of the ones on the list, but it does offer flexibility and is easy to use. You simply install the app, design your popup and place the code on the pages you want it to be active on your Shopify store.
You can create lots of different messages for your store, like messages of flash sales, collect feedback or collect email addresses for future marketing.
You can show your popup whenever someone lands on the page and you fix it to the top or bottom of the page so the visitor always sees it. You can also add a time delay if you would prefer or have it display during exit intent.
To make visitors engage with your popup, you can hide the ‘close’ button. However, this can sometimes annoy visitors to your site.
Popup supports test in any language, so multilingual sites or those in a different language to English can use this app without trouble. In addition, the popups are highly responsive and therefore display well on any device or screen size.
- Easy to install and use popup app for your Shopify store.
- Responsive popup designs mean they can be viewed on any page.
- Determine which pages your popups are active on.
- Collect email addresses so you can market to audiences later.
Free Shipping Popup
This might be a very specific Shopify popup, but it is one that can offer a lot of benefit to your store. It is specifically designed to tell a visitor to your site how much more they need to add to their cart in order to qualify for free shipping. This is a great little tool as it makes shopping a game and can really help to increase order values.
To help your popup look natural to your site, you can change a lot of the visual appearance of the popup. Everything from the color scheme to the fonts and text sizes can be changed with the WYSIWYG editor. It is easy to use and very powerful. If you need help with using the editor, you can also ask the developers for support.
One of the best elements of this popup app is that it is quick to install and configure. This is partly because you don’t have to integrate it with third party software. However, there is little here that keeps the customer’s details in order to market to them later. Plus if the visitor abandons their cart, the popup doesn’t retrieve the order.
Free Shipping Popup Highlights:
- Gamify the shopping experience to improve engagement rates and increase order values.
- Easy to use editor to develop popups that will help convert more visitors to customers.
- Developers are constantly updating and looking to add to the app in the future.
- Change requirements for free shipping and create different requirements based on shipping zone and product type.
Create popups that can help you convert visitors into email subscribers to market to them later with this great plugin. This can connect with several other email service providers including MailChimp. Popups are flexible and can be set to display on numerous rules and types of devices/screen sizes etc.. All popups are mobile friendly.
You can add great features to your popups including countdown timers, coupons, videos and custom images.
Unlike with some other popup apps, this won’t slow down your website. The popup loads asynchronously which is great for speed.
Easy Popup Highlights:
- Convert visitors into subscribers easily with a selection of very effective, aesthetically pleasing set of popups.
- Developers offer a guarantee: if you don’t increase your sales in 30 days, they’ll give you your money back.
- Add videos, custom HTML and great images to your popups for better conversion.
- Create a set of great rules that determine when the popup appears on your visitor’s screen.
WooHoo - Gamified Email Popups
Create a great experience for visitors with gamification that will engage audiences and keep them coming back. Some of the games that WooHoo allows your guests to play on popups include pick a gift, card dance, wheel of coupons and reel of coupons. When a user plays a game, they have to enter their email address.
There are numerous triggers you can use to set the popup to come up. This can include exit intent, time on site and other elements.
You can also include some great images on the popups and a countdown timer to make your popups look amazing. They are all mobile responsive, so will look good on any device. You can also increase conversions by offering visitors unique discounts that are automatically generated and can only be used by that visitor for a specific length of time.
Any emails connected can be added to your mailing list as this app connects with MailChimp and several other email marketing service providers.
- Gamification of the experience of visitors.
- Offer unique codes that can only be used by the visitor seeing the code.
- Connect and integrate with numerous email marketing software providers.
- Add unique elements to make your popups convert more visitors.
Sales Pop ‑ Popup Notification
Sales pop “pops up” notifications about recent sales on the site, and encourages more sales on your site.
Having such a popup enabled on your site will increase purchases, no matter how busy your site is. Showing these type of notifications increase trust and the sense of urgency which enhances their inner FOMO which eventually makes them want to but your product.
Here are some of the top reasons this Shopify app has over 25k installs while writing these lines:
Sales Pop Highlights:
- Even if you have no actual sales at the time of the user visiting your site, the popup can show sales from as far back as 2 years
- New purchases will automatically be added to the notofications
- Convert more traffic by using the app
- High customability – choose where the popup should show, what it will look like, what pages it should trigger on, and more…
Buy Now Upsell Popup - Inactive
The platform allows setting a popup to display the recommended products similar to the buyer’s choice or “what other customers also bought” as soon as they click on the “Add to Cart” button.It is an easy-to-use app, in which no coding is required. You can add and customize this upsell pop-up between the product page and the cart anytime, as per your brand’s theme. The platform is helpful to increase sales and profits.
Buy Now Upsell Popup Highlights:
- Add an upsell popup between the product page and the cart.
- Instantly turn the app on or off.
- Pre-populate your upsell with digital products.
- Customize the upsell pop-up to suit your brand.
Final Thoughts: What Are The Best Shopify Popups?
Shopify popups can help you do many things. But generally they all have one purpose on your website: to make it more profitable. Whichever strategy you want to use, whether it is to collect email addresses, create urgency or to gamify your website – there is a great selection of Shopify popups for you to use. And most of them work with mobiles apps as well.