Or go to our Shopify Theme Detector directly
The 12 Best Shopify Speed Optimization Apps – 
Last modified: July 4, 2022
Speed is very important when it comes to selling online. Therefore, you should always have one of the best Shopify speed optimization apps installed on your store.
How do Shopify Speed Optimization Apps Help?
When it comes to selling online, nothing is more important than speed. For every second that it takes for your website to load, you will lose 7% of your revenue. You will also lose rank on Google and other search engines, reducing your traffic.
Therefore, you want Shopify speed optimization apps to help you reduce loading times. These can improve all sorts of areas like images, reducing code and more.
So what are the best Shopify speed optimization apps? Here is a large selection.
Speedify : Page Speed Booster
This app allows you to speed up your website in just a few clicks. It will reduce the loading time for your website and boost your Google PageSpeed and Core Web Vitals score. You don’t need to know how to code a website, this app will do all the work for you.
Speedify : Page Speed Booster Highlights:
- Improve your websites speed with just a couple of clicks to improve loading times.
- Helps to increase sales by reducing the time it takes for website pages to load.
- Minifies and defers lots of code for optimization of speed.
- Free support should you need it.
Quicklink Page & Loading Speed
This app is about adding some features that will help improve loading times for your theme. It does so by preloading content behind the links that a visitor might want to see when browsing your website. Therefore, the display times are much lower. This will give customers a better shopping experience.
This can help you improve your website’s conversions with ease. Therefore, you can earn more money without the need to find more traffic. However, the app will also help you build a better rank on Google and this can increase traffic.
The app uses open source technology that is maintained by Google. The code will be installed on your website to help you improve your website’s speed. You don’t need any coding knowledge to make it work.
Quicklink Page & Loading Speed Highlights:
- A free app to help speed up your website.
- Improve your website’s conversions with ease.
- Reduces the time it takes to load a page by preloading it for your customers.
- Helps to rank your website higher on Google
If you’re looking to improve your website’s speed, the first thing that you need is the original speed. This app allows you to monitor your website’s loading times and then simplifies this into a simple score. This is something similar to Google’s PageSpeed tool. Then you can better visualize your website’s performance.
The scan of your site’s performance is completed all the time in the background. You nor your customers will notice. This can be done on an hourly basis. If there are some problems with your website, then the app will email you. And you can go into the dashboard and find the historical data for your website.
The app doesn’t slow down your website and app the can help you see how changes to your website can make a difference to your website’s speed.
PageSpeed Monitor Highlights:
- Monitors your website’s speed every hour.
- If there are issues with your website, you can have a notification via email.
- You can see the historical data of your site’s performance.
- The data is simplified so anyone can read, even those who have no website experience.
Page Speed Booster
This app allows you to speed up your website without the need to have any coding skills. The app will tell the user’s browser to use any idle time to collect the code to render another page’s content by anticipating the browser’s next destination. This means that all the browser needs to do when the user goes to the next page is to load the cache.
Therefore, customers can instantly see the page. This system can help improve conversions rates and revenues on your website. Therefore you can see higher profits. There are also options to see higher ranks on Google.
Page Speed Booster Highlights:
- You can see pages instantly load with ease.
- The customer will have a better experience that can improve sales and average cart values.
- You can improve the conversion rates on your website.
- Improve the search ranking on Google and other search engines.
Page Speed Optimizer Pro
The developers claim that this can be achieved in as little as sixty seconds.
Page Speed Optimizer Pro Highlights:
- This is one of the best free apps available.
- You can improve the search rank of your website.
- You can increase conversions on your website with ease.
Instant Pages - Speed Plugin
Many top retail sites have learned that when you decrease the latency of the website, you can increase the conversions on your website. However, Shopify can prevent you from doing this yourself. This is where you need an app, and this one is a great option. It uses a technology that is known as ‘just-in-time preloading’. This will preload pages before the customer can select them via the menu, inline text or a call to action.
The preloading starts as soon as the customer starts to display behaviors that might indicate where they are heading. A classic example of behavior would be hovering over a link. This technology doesn’t just work on your customers’ desktops. It can also work on mobile devices. And the lightweight nature of the app and therefore it won’t slow down your website.
Instant Pages – Speed Plugin Highlights:
- Preloads the page when the customer indicates where they might want to go next.
- Can work across devices, like mobiles, tablets and desktops.
- This is a good low-cost option to help you improve conversions on your website.
This is a very traditional method of speeding up your website by minifying the code that is used on your website so it is as small as possible. This means that you can reduce the memory that is required to load a page and therefore speeds up the loading of the website. Therefore, your customers can be more impressed with your website and are more likely to convert.
All images on your website are also edited so they’re more responsive and loaded only when the customer scrolls to a position on your website when they will see it. This is a system known as lazy loading. It is a very effective way to improve the speed of your website. Some images can be shrunk by 70%.
Another function is that you can analyze the apps on your store. The app can bundle and cache them. Therefore, customers can experience a faster website and reduce the impact that third-party apps can have on your website.
- Predictive loading of your website pages that can load pages before customers access them.
- You can reduce the image size by up to 70%.
- Undo changes that are made on your website so that you always get the best speed.
- Third party apps can be bundled up together so they are served faster to customers.
SEO Image Optimizer & Resizer
This app doesn’t just improve the speed of the website, it can also help you increase your rank on Google and other search engines through the power of image SEO. The app will speed up the website by optimizing the images for displaying on your website. The less space and memory that images take, the faster they will load when requested.
At the same time, the app helps you to change the alt-tag that is assigned to your images. Therefore, more metadata is being supplied to search engines that can help you rank pages higher. This process can be done in bulk to help you save time.
And in case you don’t like any of the changes, then there are backups of all your images to help you restore them with a click of a button.
SEO Image Optimizer & Resizer Highlights:
- Resize and compress images so that they can load quicker on your website.
- You can restore the images if you don’t like the compressed version.
- Speed up your website with a few traditional options.
- Adjust your alt-tags on your images so you can rank higher on search engines.
Rocket Page Speed
The average website speed online is between 8 and 11 seconds. That means that some businesses can lose 77% of their potential revenues. This is why this app can be so important. It has several features that can help you reduce loading times to less than two seconds.
Rocket Page Speed Highlights:
- Improves the loading time of your Shopify website.
- Website loading times can be reduced to less than two seconds.
- You can improve your conversions with ease.
- Reduce bounce rates on your website.
Speedr ‑ Faster Stores
This app works very simply with a ‘just-in-time loading’ technology. This will load pages very quickly and can reduce your website’s latency. Therefore, you can improve your website’s speed and this will yield a stronger conversion rate and improved revenues. It can also help with customer experiences that will often provide you with higher cart values.
This is all done through a small piece of code within the store. This preloads and caches pages quickly. The theme is free to install and use.
Speedr ‑ Faster Stores Highlights:
- This is free to install and use on your store.
- The app installs a small piece of code into your store for better speed.
- Leads to better sales and customer experiences.
- No changes are made to your website’s theme or checkout process.
Page Load Magic
The app offers you a simple, quick and simple solution for improving revenues and other core aspects of your business. It is a highly rated app and does not require a subscription as it is only a one-off fee for the app.
Page Load Magic Highlights:
- The app will preload your pages so when your customer wants to go there, they will instantly load.
- There is just a one-off fee for your app to be used forever.
- Can run on both mobiles and desktops.
- This is highly rated by current users.
This is a very innovative app that will allow you to have a faster website within minutes. It took more than two years of development for this app to work and that is down to the complex AI to offer the best speed. The app utilizes lazy loading, so images are not loaded until visitors scroll down to the part of the page where the image is.
The result is a faster loading page.
- Reduces your website’s image size, which can be the biggest loading issue.
- This automatically completes a lot of jobs.
- Powered by AI.
Final Word: The 12 Best Shopify Speed Optimization Apps
Speed is very important when it comes to your website. So use one or more of the 12 best Shopify speed optimization apps to get the most out of your website. Which one will you install? Let us know in the comments below.