10 Best Shopify Book Store Themes
Last modified: August 2, 2021
Or go to our Shopify Theme Detector directly
During the Covid-19 pandemic, when many people were told to stay at home, reading became a popular activity. Therefore the sales of books soared. As a result, many stores like your own are looking to improve their online profile. But this requires using one of the best Shopify book store themes.
What to Look for in the Shopify Book Store Themes?
There are many elements that you will want to find in the Shopify book store themes. The first is the ability to rank. There is a lot of competition when it comes to selling online and many people can sell the same products as you. Therefore, your website will need to be optimized for search engines. This can include using testimonials, page speed and other factors.
Those that rank in the top 3 of any search result will get up to 25% of the traffic. Those that rank in the bottom five will get 2% of the traffic. Therefore, ranking is a key factor to success.
In addition, you will need to ensure speed. Not only is speed linked to ranking on search engines, it’s linked to customer satisfaction. For every second that it takes for your website to load, you will lose about 7% of your revenue. In addition, the number of customers returning can diminish.
Finally, you will need to build trust with your audience. To do this, you will need to have social proof with testimonials, reviews and trust badges and more on your website. Some themes can allow you to have these automatically.
So with these factors in mind. What are the best Shopify book store themes for your website? Here is a quick list of the ones that we recommend.
This free, minimalist Shopify theme can help you sell more online with ease. There are lots of great features on this theme that you would normally only find on a premium Shopify theme. For instance, there is sticky navigation that provides a menu for movement across your store as they scroll down the page.
The theme has also be optimized for large images, great for showcasing book titles. And you can use your homepage slider to feature the best sellers and popular titles. The slider has lots of customizations, this can include a fading effect that can improve the website’s professional feel.
Finally, you’re able to showcase the products within a hero video. This can really improve conversions on your website and increase stickiness.
- This is a great free theme that allows you to save costs while using a professional theme.
- Use a slideshow that can showcase the best products and brands on your website.
- Optimize your website for ranking on search engines and displaying on mobiles.
- Large image display for better product vision on the website.
Story is probably one of the best-named apps for a book store. It is perfect if you want to provide a background story to your brand and improve consumer engagement. You can use a narrative to emotionally engage your audiences. This can improve the conversion rate and grow your store’s revenues. The story could be about your brand or even the story of the authors or book series.
To sell more on your website, there are plenty of features for your website. The first is a custom made contact form to communicate with customers with ease. You can also use collection filtering to help improve the shopping experience of your customer. Filters can be applied to author, genre, book series and more.
- This theme allows you to engage with audiences through storytelling.
- Showcase the creative team with details about their favourite books and more.
- Optimized for search engines, allowing you to generate more traffic to your store.
- A complete mobile-friendly website, allowing you to attract more mobile users to your website
Broadcast is one of the top options for selling on Shopify. It has been used by numerous brands across the platform to start their business and turn their dreams into a reality. For your book store, it could be the perfect theme for growing you and taking your business to the next level.
The design is perfect for attracting a wide audience with beautiful imagery that can portray a lifestyle that the customer will want. You can use large background images to showcase people reading or perhaps a front cover of your top-selling book.
The app also connects with your Instagram account. You can use products on your website and create posts for your channel. This helps bring new audiences to your website without too much extra work.
To help with marketing, you’re also able to use a video on your homepage. This can be used to showcase the best products on your store or showcase a video review of your book. You’re also able to use the featured video as a background video.
To support conversions on your website, there are lots of elements. There is a customer testimonial section, a Disqus blog comments area and more to help take your website to the next level of engagement with audiences. As readers are often vocal, then you can use this to build a community on your website.
- Broadcast is an image-heavy theme that is perfect for numerous brands.
- Can improve conversions of your website with several features.
- There is a ‘Quick View’ option on your website.
- Lots of ways that you can engage the audience on your website.
Booster is a highly rated Shopify theme. But it is more than a theme and the developers don’t try to hide this at all. They’re very proud that all the features included within the toolkit could save your business up to $3000 per year in app subscriptions.
There are lots of different functions and features to grow your business from using innovative countdown timers that can help you add urgency to your store. Or take your website internationally with a currency converter.
In addition, you’re able to add social proof and communicate with your audience. It takes just minutes to add a live chat feature to your website and instantly communicates with your audience.
The theme is really fast. Page loading times can be less than one second. This can improve revenues generated. And the speed helps your website rank high among your competitors.
- Save more than $3,000 on apps with all the functionality.
- A fast theme that allows you to load your pages within a second.
- Improved ranking on search engines for improved traffic levels and higher revenues.
- Mobile-friendly design, your website can be seen on any device or screen resolution.
Woodstock - Electronics Shopify Sections Theme
This has been specifically designed for numerous eCommerce niches and a book store is perfect for the theme. This theme will help customers to find your website and then will support you in converting visitors to customers with ease.
There are more than 12 homepage styles to choose from. Each of these styles, which are the starting point of building your website, is super fast, loading in seconds. The theme’s code also has great potential for ranking on all the top search engines including Google. Therefore, you can be sure that your website’s traffic levels will be high.
The theme also has other great apps installed to help with improving the user experience on your website. You can improve navigation across your site, for instance, by using the mega menus and showcase your best books through product slideshows.
Woodstock – Electronics Shopify Sections Theme Highlights:
- This is a highly responsive theme that has a lot of potential to rank your website on search engines.
- There are lots of added apps to ensure that you get the most out of your theme.
- Perfect for viewing on mobile devices or other small screens.
- The theme has been tested across different platforms.
Symmetry is one of the top responsive themes. It allows you to build a sleek, modern and trustworthy store within minutes. Visitors will be impressed by the modern, yet informative, design and you can expect to see some great results from your marketing. This theme is one of the best if you’re looking to rank highly on Google with fast loading and great code.
To help design your site, there are numerous core features. For instance, there is a multi-level menu option that will improve the user experience on your website. You can also add the ‘quick buy’ option to speed up the purchasing process on your website. This feature works just like the Amazon ‘Buy Now’ feature.
To improve engagement across the internet, add the Instagram feed to your website that can help you connect more with your audience.
- A mobile-friendly theme that looks great on any device.
- Use free stock images on your website for an improved professional look.
- Advertise the products on your social media channels with this theme.
- Choose from four great styles to get your design started.
Not every book store sells lots of different books. You might be a specialist or you could be an author looking to sell just your own books online. If you’re looking to promote just one pick or set of products, then Startup is the Shopify theme for you. It is designed for a small catalog. Which makes marketing and selling a select group of products easier.
The theme is easy to customize with a modular-style design. This is perfect for those who are new website ownership. To help get you started, there are four different styles to utilize. Any of these styles can be a great match for your book shop.
This theme allows you to build a successful relationship with audiences. There is an engaging customer testimonials section that can promote what past customers have thought about your brand. This can be further enhanced with additional review apps, but they’re not necessary.
You’re also able to showcase your products with a wide layout. For this to work, you will need to have large imagery to display the product. But this can make you more sales as customers will purchase books based on their covers.
Videos can also be integrated with this theme. You can use one video on your homepage. This is hosted on YouTube or Vimeo. Videos have been known to increase the conversions on a website and could be video reviews of books or a tour of your book store.
- You can optimize your website for any device allowing for perfect rendering.
- Optimize your website for search engines, to attract more traffic through Google.
- Use free, professional images that you can use that are supplied by Burst.
- Choose from any of the four basic styles and then customize them.
Book stores often have large catalogs, though not all of them. If you’re a generalist book store, then Empire is one of the best themes for your business. There are three basic styles that you can use with this theme and there are lots of customizations that can be made to each of these styles for added uniqueness to your brand.
The theme was built for large catalogs, so you can list your books on your website with ease and in perfect look. Customers will also be able to find their next read with ease thanks to the predictive search feature. This is the perfect option for improving the experience of your customer while they are on your website. There is also product filtering that can help improve the shopping experience of your customers. Filters can be applied to show books with specific genres, authors, date of publishing and more.
To ensure higher conversions, you can rely on the theme’s ‘quick buy’ option to move customers effortlessly through the purchasing process.
- Can be used by customers who are using any device that can access the internet.
- Improve the look of your website through the use of free images from Burst.
- There is a lot of great options, search and filters, that can help customers find the products they want.
- A quick buy option that allows your customers to effortlessly complete purchases.
This theme was specifically designed for mobile users allowing customers to access your store from their mobile, tablet or desktop. It is a great theme for those who are using their mobile devices more. Recent trends have shown that almost half of all website traffic is from a mobile device. More than half of all sales are also now done via a mobile device.
You can use the search focused menu to allow customers to find the book, genre, author or other product that they’re looking for. There’s also a great multi-column menu to organize your website and which makes travel across your site easier for the customer.
To help customers keep in contact with your book store, there is a great sticky contact bar. This bar can include store hours, location and a stylish set of contact icons.
- There are lots of menu options that are available to help visitors to search your website.
- Optimized for use on mobile devices, allowing you to attract a wider audience.
- There are three aesthetically pleasing styles to use on your website.
- Search focused menu allows customers to find the products they want on your website.
Boost is not to be confused with Booster, which is mentioned above, but it is a theme with a similar name and similar benefits. Boost is a great theme for those that want to rank highly through a fast loading website. This is very important as for every second that it takes for your website to load, you will lose about 7% of your revenue.
This theme also has clean code and has the potential to rank higher than your competitors. The app uses image hotspot linking capabilities to create link labels between images on your website and products on the store. This can direct customers to a product, like a new book or author page from any other page on your website. This is a great feature for your business, especially if you have a sale or blog.
You can also use the custom promotional tiles. These tiles can help promote the best sellers, discounts and feature staff picks. You can make small customization changes to these tiles to make them better for your book store or the theme that you have running on your website.
It is also important to improve the shopping experience of your customer. You can do this through a fantastic predictive search option. This is great for those who have large catalogs and would like a quick shopping trip.
- One of the fastest loading themes available on Shopify.
- This is perfect for SEO, helping you to bring more traffic to your website.
- Integrate social media with icons that can help connect store visitors to fans.
- Improve the professional look of the store with free stock images from Burst.
Final Word: 10 Best Shopify Book Store Themes
If you own a book store and want to take it to the next level online, then you need to be using one of the best Shopify hook store themes. Above are ten of the best options available to you. Which you choose is your decision, but they’re all going to help you sell more online.