Or go to our Shopify Theme Detector directly
The 10 Best Subscription Box Shopify Themes
Last modified: May 26, 2023
One of the biggest growth markets is with subscription boxes. Subscription boxes offer huge rewards for businesses as well as customers and with the success of brands like Dollar Shave Club, Hello Fresh and more, other brands are starting to get into this market. However, to make a success of this, you will need one of the best Subscription Box Shopify themes.
What are you Looking for with Subscription Box Shopify Themes?
Numerous elements are important to look for when you want to get one of the best subscription box Shopify themes. The first is the ranking potential of your website. The higher you are ranked on Google, the more traffic you will get to your website, and the more revenue you will make. Sites that rank in the top three results get 80% of the search traffic and those that rank in the bottom five on the first page get about 2.5% of the traffic. This is a huge difference.
You will also need to have speed on your theme. The slower your website is, the more revenue that you will lose. Research has found that for every second it takes your website to load, you will lose about 7% of your revenue. Some eCommerce websites can take between 8 to 11 seconds to load. However, there are themes there that can load a page within 1 second. So some brands are reducing their revenues unnecessarily and losing out on a fortune.
In addition to these two important features, there are other elements that you will want for your website. Being a subscription box brand you’re most likely want to have a smaller catalog. There are themes that specialize for this size of catalog.
In addition, you want to have longer-term marketing techniques added to your store. For instance, you can have email marketing, popups, subscription options. And you will also want ways to improve the experience of your audience while on your website. This can include things like Quick Buy.
So what are the best Subscription Box Shopify Themes available? Here are 10 potential options for your brand.
Boost is one of the best themes for those who are looking for a fast website. This helps you increase your potential conversions and ranking of the website on Google and other search engines. A higher rank will help you build a better business with more traffic and higher orders. Therefore, you can enjoy a more successful business.
The speed of this website is achieved through better coding and other features that don’t drain the resources of the website.
The theme also uses image hotspots to link to an image on your website to a particular product page. This can improve the purchasing journey to your website. This can improve the conversion rate on your website and increase order values. This also reduces the annoyance of customers on your website as they can find every product you promote on your blog or homepage.
You can also use promotional tiles that can be used on your homepage. These can promote anything from sales to products. There is a classic design that allows you to build a better sales path. You can also use predictive search features for customers to search through your catalog to find the product they want.
- There are color swatch options that can display the variants on your website.
- Is perfect for optimizing your website for SEO and mobile devices.
- You can integrate your store with your social media accounts for better engagement with audiences.
- A fast theme that allows you to improve conversions on your website.
Context is one of the most beautiful themes that allow you to sell products with confidence. This theme might be able to take a catalog of any size, but it is really good for those brands with small catalogs. It has a great visual story-telling approach that will give an emotional reason why your customers should make a purchase from your store. You can also add high-resolution photos to your website.
There are advanced filtering and predictive search features that can also improve the experience of shopping on your website. These features can also reduce the time it takes for customers to shop on your website.
- One of the best themes for those that have small, medium or large catalogs.
- Use predictive search and filtering options for product discovery
- Easy navigational controls for better movement throughout your store.
- Has been optimized for search engines and mobile devices.
Startup is one of the most perfect themes for those who have a small catalog and would like to sell subscription boxes. This theme has a modular-style homepage that is easy to customize. Therefore, this is a perfect theme for those who do not have experience with website design. To help you get started there are four basic designs.
The theme is also good for building trust with your core audience. You can showcase what past customers have said about your brand with a customer testimonial section. This can also be further enhanced through a review app. You can also showcase what is in the subscription boxes with a wide layout structure that gets more onto the screen with large images.
You’re also able to build trust with your website through a hero video that can be added to your website from a video hosting platform like YouTube. This can help you convert more traffic.
- Has been optimized for any device, allowing your customers to view your website on mobiles, desktops and tablets.
- Rank high on any search engine for higher levels of traffic and more sales.
- You can use a video on your website’s homepage for more details about your subscription box.
- Four professional styles can be used for the basis of your website’s design.
Palo Alto is a great website design for those eCommerce stores that have fewer products. It is a perfect theme with lots of options that allows you to build a website that can convert visitors into customers. Three basic styles can form the basis of your website’s design. Then you can brand your website and customize it. There are numerous ways you can customize your website including changing the color, text, images and other aspects to make it more personalized to your brand.
The theme is also perfect for showcasing your subscription boxes in more detail. You can add high-resolution images that can provide more details to your customers about what they can get from your brand. You’re also able to showcase the reasons why they should buy from you within a text area as well as a hero video. Hero videos can be placed in numerous areas, including your homepage and product pages.
To build trust with your audience, you’re able to add customer testimonial areas to your website.
Palo Alto Highlights:
- A perfect theme for those who have a smaller group of products that they would like to sell.
- Visitors can use any device they would like to view your website.
- Feature your best products on the homepage within a masonry-style grid setup.
- Use a hero video and customer testimonials to build trust with audiences.
Plain has lots of features to make it very efficient at selling to your core audience. It has an aesthetically pleasing design that you will be impressed with and guests will start to trust as soon as they land on your website. It is super-responsive, being able to take all traffic from all devices including mobiles and desktops.
To help you establish your brand, you can upload your existing logo and even use it as a favicon. This is a great way to establish your presence but is also good for SEO. Alternatively, Plain has a logo creation tool that allows you to create a custom logo using text.
Customization with this theme is really easy. You can match the background colour to your specific needs and this can also be done to the buy buttons. There are numerous options as to what color you can use on your buttons. And you can also test which colour buttons perform best on conversions.
- There are lots of menu options to help users navigate across your store.
- Social media integration for more engagement with your core audience group.
- The theme is optimized for search engines.
- Lots of features to help you build a better business.
Trademark is one of the top themes for those who want to sell on a website that has elegance as well as features that help them sell. This is used by numerous brands in different niches and therefore, it will be perfect for those who want to sell subscription boxes. This theme comes with a wide range of variations that you will be sure to find a design that you can use for your website.
Visitors will be impressed with the design of the store. There are two basic beautiful styles that allow you to start with a good design. However, there are lots of ways that you can customize your website so that it is unique for your brand. And there are features that can help you sell too.
You can add a live search and multi-column menu options. You’re also able to use images, videos and text to promote products on some of the best slideshow designs available. You can animate these slideshows for higher engagement rates. There is also a blog slider that allows you to announce the best advice, news and more on your website.
- Your website is fully optimized for search engines, helping you to attract customers through better rankings.
- Build for fast loading times, so you don’t miss out on revenues through long waiting times.
- An elegant design that will impress guests.
- Sell lots of your subscription box with the help of videos, images and text sliders.
Empire is one of the top themes with a lot to offer for those who sell subscription boxes. There are three basic styles that you can set for your website and then customize these so your website is more unique. Customizations can include text, images, colors, locations and more. You can also use a page builder for more control over the design.
The theme was built for those who have large catalogs, so is good for those brands that have lots of subscription boxes. However, some brands have used this theme for just a select few products and have not had any issues. However, if you do have lots of products, you can improve the experience of the customer with inbuilt predictive search and product filtering.
To help convert your website visitors, there is a quick buy option that moves your customers from product page to checkout quickly.
- Has been completely optimized for search engines and mobile devices.
- There are free images available to populate your store through Burst.
- There is a quick buy option to improve the shopping experience on your website.
- There are lots of great options that can help customers find the subscription box they would like.
Handy is a mobile-first design that allows you to create a website that is perfect for viewing on any device. It is perfect for the modern audience as trends show that most traffic comes from mobile devices.
The theme includes a search focused menu that can help customers to find what products they’re looking for. There is also a multi-column menu that organizes your website in a clear, easy to use navigational system for improved customer experiences.
To ensure customers can stay in contact with you, there is a quick link contact bar. This can have all your brand’s core contact information on there. You can include store hours, location and a stylish set of social media icons.
- There are lots of menu options to help visitors navigate around your website.
- Keep in contact with your audience with ease.
- There are three styles to choose from.
- Has a mobile-first design.
Polaris has all the tools you need to sell your products online with ease. Polaris is a minimalist design that is perfect for all business niches. So whether you’re selling meal boxes or craft subscriptions, this theme is going to offer you the tools and design that you need for an improved experience for your audience.
One of the best aspects of this theme is that it is versatile. There is a product filtering system that looks great and can help reduce abandoned cart rates by giving customers more control over their shopping experience.
In addition, you can subscribe visitors to a mailing with a newsletter popup. This can improve long term sales as it can take up to 12 interactions to convert a visitor to a customer. There are also ways to build more trust with your website visitors through review features. This can showcase what your past customers have said about your subscription boxes.
- One of the top minimalist themes that’s great.
- There are lots of features that can improve your user’s experience.
- Convert more visitors into customers in the short and long term with plenty of features.
- A fully responsive design that allows your customers to use any device while viewing your website.
Booster is not just any theme for Shopify, it is a complete toolkit for your website that can help you sell more online. There are a wide range of features of this theme that can help you save time installing apps and money on subscriptions. The developers believe that you can save, on average, $3000 a year on app subscriptions by using the theme.
There are lots of functions on this theme that can help you take your subscription box business to the next level. For instance, you can add a currency conversion area, countdown timers, social proof, live chat and more to your website. There are also ways that you can improve the SEO of your website to rank higher and improve the traffic to your website.
If all that wasn’t enough, this is one of the top themes for speed. The average website using Booster can load in less than a second. The speed is so impressive, guests won’t notice the loading times. The theme works well across devices, whether the user is on a mobile or desktop.
- You can save more than $3000 on apps with all the additional features and functions on the theme.
- This is one of the fastest themes that available for Shopify. Websites can load in less than one second.
- Is perfect for optimizing your website for search engines.
- Is perfect for selling in numerous niches, including subscription-based businesses.
Final Word: The 10 Best Subscription Box Shopify Themes
If you’re looking to have one of the best subscription box Shopify themes, then there are ten options above. Each has its advantages and the final choice is based on your budget and requirements. So which of the above choices will you use? Let us know in the comments below.